Suspension help!

talianslyr

Just bought my 00 wrangler sport and have some issues, I think. So the photos show a sporting height in the front of 14 inches and 10 inches rear. So, what size lift do I have and do those shocks look correct? If they are wrong what should I be looking to get length wise? I can get shocks from carquest for free from a good friend so I need to know length I would be looking at. Thanks for the help.
b03f3501c383c60ec7e8af8b508d4b6b.jpg
70ab9e06217008c76b062944db23520a.jpg
a32defcff8e3a5b1011cbc1afda21e0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That would be 2" of lift. To get the correct shocks, measure the distance in the suspension when at full extension and collapsed.

That would be 2" of lift. To get the correct shocks, measure the distance in the suspension when at full extension and collapsed.
I was told it has 3.5" so how do I know what stock was for my jeep? Also, are the shocks correct? Or do they look too long?

I was told it has 3.5" so how do I know what stock was for my jeep? Also, are the shocks correct? Or do they look too long?

It may have been at one time but the springs have sagged quite a bit. @derekmac already gave the measurements for stock springs. Hard to say if the shocks are correct or not. A quick way would be to measure from the bump stop pad to the jounce bumper cup and compare it to the exposed piston rod of the shock and check the difference. You want to do this on flat ground and unloaded.

Reactions: derekmac
It may have been at one time but the springs have sagged quite a bit. @derekmac already gave the measurements for stock springs. Hard to say if the shocks are correct or not. A quick way would be to measure from the bump stop pad to the jounce bumper cup and compare it to the exposed piston rod of the shock and check the difference. You want to do this on flat ground and unloaded.
OK, so should I take his word for the 3.5" lift and replace Springs and shocks or just deal with the sagging springs and fit correct shocks for the current spring rate?

OK, so should I take his word for the 3.5" lift and replace Springs and shocks or just deal with the sagging springs and fit correct shocks for the current spring rate?

Your choice. But considering the springs have sagged nearly half, I'd replace them. That or the po was clueless or less than honest.

Go by your measurements, not the OP's claimed 3.5". Actual lift is almost never the same as advertised anyway. There are too many factors. The tape measure doesn't lie! Make sure when you measure you are from the lowest point of the coil spring to the highest point, it takes a little eyeballing (do not include the coil spring isolator at the top). Whatever that number is over 12" is the front amount of lift and whatever numbers is over 8" is your rear lift. BUY SHOCKS FOR THAT AMOUNT OF LIFT

So after a long overdue wait I finally figured out that the correct lift is between 3-4" I ended up having to try and return different shocks but went with procomp es3000 for 3-4" the issue was that the front had too long of shocks installed and the rear too short causing the rear springs to be compressed and arched now all are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro