Suspension problem

TJtroutbum

I have a problem with my suspension that I'm trying to figure out. When my rear drops down into a pothole or comes down after going over a rock I'm getting a loud bang. Sounds kinda like a someone hitting a metal drum. It almost sounds like a spring releasing from a bind or something because it resonates a little. Any ideas on what it might be?

I have a problem with my suspension that I'm trying to figure out. When my rear drops down into a pothole or comes down after going over a rock I'm getting a loud bang. Sounds kinda like a someone hitting a metal drum. It almost sounds like a spring releasing from a bind or something because it resonates a little. Any ideas on what it might be?

In my limited experience, could it be the rear trac bar hitting the gas tank?

Well, I think I found it. It looks like the right rear spring isn't seated properly and it's been hitting the end of the bolt on the track bar mount. There's wear on both the spring and the bolt. It looks like I may need to get the spring replaced since it's been hitting for a while and has a pretty good wear spot on it. The end of the bolt sticks out about an inch past the nut so I may trim that a bit too. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Well, I think I found it. It looks like the right rear spring isn't seated properly and it's been hitting the end of the bolt on the track bar mount. There's wear on both the spring and the bolt. It looks like I may need to get the spring replaced since it's been hitting for a while and has a pretty good wear spot on it. The end of the bolt sticks out about an inch past the nut so I may trim that a bit too. Anyway, thanks for the help.
Trim the bolt or turn it around.

Reactions: TRE3TOP