Suspension Problems

I would like to stick with the 35s. Are there any particular brands you recommend for coil springs, body lift, and track bar? Also, how would that work with the current long arm setup?
Currie coils and track bar are always a good choice. Go with Savvy for the body lift. RE sells the long arm with their 3.5 inch coils which are taller than 3.5 so there should be little issue there.

Currie coils and track bar are always a good choice. Go with Savvy for the body lift. RE sells the long arm with their 3.5 inch coils which are taller than 3.5 so there should be little issue there.

Okay I’ll definitely look into that. What about the beat up RE skid plate setup? Is that worth keeping?

On another note if I put a body lift would I also need a motor mount lift?

Not because of a poor choice in control arm bushings and control arm design?
If it was any other mount maybe, but ripped off track bar brackets on TJs has been happening as long as there has been TJs.

So you will need to measure your installed length and then the distance between you axle and bumpstop cup so we can come up with a compressed length.

Yes, X2 to this.

Ranchos tend to run long, so you may find that their shock for 4" lifts actually fits yours fine.

If you fill out your profile so we can see all your mods, it will allow us to be more specific. We will all go straight to shocks, c load tires and 24-26psi, but that’s a general answer (not to diminish its importance), but once you’ve fixed those three things, what else do you have?

I’m not too sure what else to put in my profile considering I don’t know much about the current setup but I’ll be sure to update it as I modify my Jeep.

I don’t know how long ago my Jeep was modified but I’m willing to bet most of the suspension is pretty worn out. So my current plan is to replace this RE lift it with some higher quality parts.

Reactions: JMT
I’m not too sure what else to put in my profile considering I don’t know much about the current setup but I’ll be sure to update it as I modify my Jeep.

I don’t know how long ago my Jeep was modified but I’m willing to bet most of the suspension is pretty worn out. So my current plan is to replace this RE lift it with some higher quality parts.
I found these Rancho shocks on Amazon that I’m ready to buy, I just wanna make sure they will work. (I also know there’s an site affiliate link for Amazon how would I purchase it through that?)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JBLRGH8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

@Blackjack How would I go about measuring the lengths to determine shock size?

Well unless you want to go to a Savvy Mid Arm or something similar you are mostly committed to sticking with the RE long arm. It can all be serviced and with a few tweaks will work just fine.

For shocks you need to determine what you collapsed length you need. So you can measure the shocks at ride height, and then subtract the travel distance at your bumpstops. With stock TJ bumpstops that is to the cup the stop rides in to the axle pad. This also means that you need to make sure you have the correct bumpstop spacing to begin with. I can tell you that RE did not always spend the most time getting this right so you will want to take the time to make it right. If you decide to go with different springs you will have to do this all over again.