Suspension time (budget is 2k)

I'm running the OME springs, Bilstein shocks, Currie control arms and JKS track bars front and rear. I've spent the money, it just didn't happen all at once. If I ever do another Jeep, I'll learn, and just drop the coin all at once and be done right away, vs spreading it out
I did go ahead and get the savy front sway bar, the currie front track arm. Haven't gotten the rear currie track bar yet, because I haven't noticed the need, but I'll probably pick one up.

I do like the savy/currie double adjust control arms though I think they look very convenient and robust.

I don't mind my build going this direction though the OME and Rancho stuff is relatively cheap and I can run it for years before I go with a 3" lift. I'll be adding the MCE Fenders sometime too.

Most of my lift requirements are just for fitting tires, which also help me scrape the underside of my Jeep less. I've been fine even running 31s, I just hit various skid plates more often. However I also don't want to get in a situation where I do need some articulation to stay upright and more and more I do like a less harsh ride. When I'm towing, I notice I want a bit more stability on corners as well, so, I may not NEED some of these more high priced components, but it's expensive to buy a bunch of different ones to find the parts that work.

Windrock, LBL, Prentice Cooper, etc... I avoid big holes if possible.

my proving stuff days are gone..
Just a quick thought... 33s on a swb TJ and wheeling is doable. 33s on an LJ and wheeling, well be prepared for a tummy tuck next. LJs are longer and 33s look like and perform like shit IMO. You will be dragging that LJ over everything. You need at least 35s on an LJ IMO.

Up to 3" of susp lift shouldn't warrant an SYE on the LJ. You may even get away with it @ 4".

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I would reconsider not wanting a body lift. They have numerous advantages. I have an LJ and my rear uptravel limits when setting up the suspension was the axle side track bar hitting the tub. A 1 inch body lift resolved this issue and allowed for 1 inch less bumpstop. It also allowed a mild tummy tuck and motor mount lift to be installed without any clearance issues, modifications, and kept the engine/transission mounts in line.

This was before adding the body lift. After I was able to run 33's with 1.75" rear bumpstop.
20200205_100826.jpg

Reactions: Tldelaney
4 inch procomp coils $260
Control Arms $1200 Savvy/ Metalcloak/Core4x4
Rough Country front/teartrackbars $300(dont laugh😂)
Break lines, bump stops, sway bar disconnects $300
SYE and driveshaft $500
$2500 ish

$500 on the SYE?? I guess if you don’t include shipping.

If you order from Savvy you can use the following code for an 8% discount. It worked a few months ago when I used it.

JF2018

Or install. I certainly wasn't getting it down to the nickel 😜
I think I got mine SYE and Adam's shaft on Amazon for around 470.00.

I saw that combo pretty close to $500, even after shipping, so you are on the money.

The other vendors end up being more. If you want to go SSYE, it adds about $250 to the deal.

Plan is to order something by lunch time:

Down to the following options (in no particular order):

1.) JKS JSPEC 3" Kit (here and here) would also add: JKS rear track bar, steering stabilizer, and control arms.
- Total spend $2400 +/-

2.) Metalcloak Rock Sport Edition (here) comes with everything in the kit
- Total spend $2400 +/-

3.) DPG Super-Ultimate Kit (here)

Right now the MetalCloak kit is winning as I enjoy my morning cup of coffee.

1.) JKS JSPEC 3" Kit (here and here) would also add: JKS rear track bar, steering stabilizer, and control arms.
- Total spend $2400 +/-

- Total spend $2400 +/-

The only thing I'd add, as someone that ran for years with no front sway bar, I like the anti-rock more than no front sway bar, meaning I would go anti-rock over the front disconnects. Also the front sway bar sometimes gets in the way of stuff.

On road the anti-rock really made the Jeep feel better in turns, especially when towing and off-road it seems just as capable and many guys that do harder stuff than me seem to agree. The less stuff you have to go out and do on your rig to go off-road is very convenient. Like yes you can go deflate and disconnect and then go back, inflate and connect, or you can drink coffee or pick your nose or whatever. That's just my 2 cents.

- Total spend $2400 +/-

- Total spend $2400 +/-

You wont get a ton of love here for the Metalcloak, I run the double adjustable arms and sm very pleased. A few hear have had issues with the track bar bushings squeaking prematurely. It was recommended to me to run the rough country tracks and replace with moog bushings.
I think you will be happy with the full lift from Metalcloak. If I had an LJ I would want 4 inch of lift but that's just me.
Good luck.

Keep in mind that Metalcloak designs for heavier Jeeps. Their 3.5" springs may give you more lift than you want.

Reactions: Vasq
I wouldn't go with the metalcloak kit. I did, and I'm slowly replacing everything except the arms.

Watch those arms from JKS. They don't have the freedom of movement like the Currie/Savvy ones, or even the metal cloak ones do. They might damage your control arms mounts.