Suspension time (budget is 2k)

The aluminum arms actually weigh more than the steel (according to Savvy). I recently installed a set of Savvy and am so happy that I chose the double adjustable. Not having to remove one side of the arm to make adjustments has made dialing in the suspension so much easier. As is typical with Savvy it took a couple of weeks to arrive but was well worth the wait.
In the end either Currie or Savvy are going to be excellent choices and you can't go wrong either way.

Are the Steel ones double adjustable? I think the double adjustable is the way to go, but I do plan to put all my stuff together in stages, so varying height and varying angles are necessary. My current plan is to fit in my garage door and not go higher than that. I originally planned on the big lift, assuming I'd just go up higher than the previous owner's 2" budget lift, but my springs had sagged so bad that I was under stock height.

Are the Steel ones double adjustable? I think the double adjustable is the way to go, but I do plan to put all my stuff together in stages, so varying height and varying angles are necessary. My current plan is to fit in my garage door and not go higher than that. I originally planned on the big lift, assuming I'd just go up higher than the previous owner's 2" budget lift, but my springs had sagged so bad that I was under stock height.
They are double adjustable

Reactions: BugoutJeep
how's this?

Figure snag the driveshaft and SYE too

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.44.47 PM.png

Where is the best place to pick up shocks?

Not all of the Currie kits that have been linked have double adjustable arms. Make sure you choose the correct arms.

Would the 3” springs eliminate the need for SYE?

Also it appears Savvy never answers the phone. I've delt with firms this way before in the Toyota world, good stuff but so far no comms.

No issue getting Currie, JKS, and others on the phone. Not saying it matters but it does play into my decision.

Last edited:
Savvy hardly never answers the phone or emails. They have bad costumer service but the best parts. Customer service has definitely played a part and some forum members have went with a different company because of this.

I called Savvy yesterday with a question on their bumper. No answer so I left a voice mail and decided to send an email. Within the hour I got a call back and an email.

I'm just really curious if their AL double adjustable control arms are actually heavier and likely bigger than the other options. If that's the case, I'm not sure I see the appeal.

I'm just really curious if their AL double adjustable control arms are actually heavier and likely bigger than the other options. If that's the case, I'm not sure I see the appeal.
Savvy list their set at 56lbs vs Curries 55lbs. Basically equal but not any lighter just because they are aluminum. They arms are made of solid aluminum but use the same Currie Johnny Joints. Savvy only come as double adjustable where Currie you can choose. Performance will be identical once installed.

Called again, talked to the owner, order placed.

Savvy 4" kit and SYE / TW on order.

Where is the best place to get the Rancho shocks?
4wparts, Amazon and more...pick your poison and look for the right deal. You should really measure what you NEED before buying the shocks unless Savvy can tell you what you need based on their lift (keep in mind not all LJs are the same though, weight etc..)

Wow! Guess you need to go update this thread title!🤔🤭🍻

done!

So what else do I need?

On order:
- Savvy 4"
- SYE and Tom Woods shaft
- Rancho RS500x

Do I need:
- Extended brake-lines? If so which ones are the "go to"?
- Steering stabilizer? If so which one?

Last edited: