Suzuki Jimney

TJ2

TJ Expert
Personally, I kind of like it next to my TJs out in the trails better than the FIAT Renegade.

1590582706358.png

1590582763623.png

1590582787635.png

1590582845473.png

Last edited:
I wonder if they will offer it with a soft top also or only a tin top?

I had a SJ410 when I was stationed in Germany back in the mid 80's and then had a Samurai for a while in the mid 90's. Still wonder sometimes how I fit in that little thing. Also had a Sidekick that I really enjoyed.

They look like mini g wagons haha. How comes there is no release there? Is it a lack of demand on the market for such a tiny vehicle SUV there or is local competitor lobbying against it.?

Wow I always thought your guys had the lower safety standards 🤣
I think the JL has one of the lowest safety ratings for a modern vehicle in Europe.

It isn't that it would fail the tests, it's that Suzuki basically doesn't exist in the US anymore other than motorcycles and the cost to do the testing would be prohibitive. By not taking the test it "doesn't meet the requirements"

There was something I recall reading when the Jimny first was coming out a few years ago about one certain area it may fail in but I can't recall it. Something stupid though.

Reactions: Reign Mack
I saw a few of those when I lived in Spain. We were going to move to the UK last year and when there I was going to try to buy one, then ship it home when we moved back. I think there pretty cool little rigs, they’re right in between the size of a CJ5 and a TJ if I remember correctly

I've had many Suzuki's from the 540cc 2 stroke LJ50's to the last of the Samurais with coil suspension and I'm a life member of the local Zook club. Great vehicles.

Have spend some time in the new Jimny and well.... here its priced at $34k and when my TJ is finished it will cost similar. I'll take the TJ everytime, to me it's my big grown up Suzuki that is far more comfy with better inclusions and actually has some power.

That said the new Jimny is a great vehicle if you are in the new car market. It's capable, cheap to purchase, run and maintain. If they did a Softtop and a pickup they'd sell heaps of them

Reactions: Wildman
I've had many Suzuki's from the 540cc 2 stroke LJ50's to the last of the Samurais with coil suspension and I'm a life member of the local Zook club. Great vehicles.

Have spend some time in the new Jimny and well.... here its priced at $34k and when my TJ is finished it will cost similar. I'll take the TJ everytime, to me it's my big grown up Suzuki that is far more comfy with better inclusions and actually has some power.

That said the new Jimny is a great vehicle if you are in the new car market. It's capable, cheap to purchase, run and maintain. If they did a Softtop and a pickup they'd sell heaps of them
Same here. Had the '90 JX Softop model. It was my first vehicle that I bought as a teenager because I couldn't afford a decent Jeep at the time. It was fun in your youth when you didn't know any better. No power whatsoever and the build quality was reflected on the price. The plastics were horrendous and fell apart. My son's electric toy car had the same level of finish (and perhaps the same 0-60 time as the Suz). The gearbox was about the only thing I didn't fix.

It was fun but then you realise adulting is better in a TJ. I'd do it all over again now if I was buying my first vehicle. At least I learned how to fix shit. Thanks Suz :ROFLMAO: .

Reactions: Daz7