Suzuki Pickup Truck

TJ2

TJ Expert
1545995958150.png
:monoloco:
Better than Bronco and other jeeps made by FIAT in the market IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeepers-n-Creepers
Pretty nifty little vehicles. I can see how they could have a niche market, especially if they are fuel efficient. However, not sure they can really call it a pickup truck since the bed is so tiny and towing capacity is probably like 250 lbs, LOL. They need a long bed version with a little turbo diesel :)

Pretty nifty little vehicles. I can see how they could have a niche market, especially if they are fuel efficient. However, not sure they can really call it a pickup truck since the bed is so tiny and towing capacity is probably like 250 lbs, LOL. They need a long bed version with a little turbo diesel :)
Why do we need a cargo pickup truck? For that we have the Silverados in our current market. I am talking about in par to off-road with the Broncos and the jeeps (even wranglers) out in the trails. And yes it's got the built-in winch and a diesel version with the torque we need.

Last edited:
I am talking about in par to off-road with the Broncos and the jeeps (even wranglers) out in the trails. And yes it's got the diesel version with the torque we need.
Yes, that was the niche market I mentioned. I agree and like it too, but I doubt we would ever get this vehicle here because of these shortcomings. You could import one perhaps!

I like - at first site - especially the blue one on the left with the cap - as it looks almost identical to my '90 Gen-I Mitsubishi Montero - which was one amazing 4-Wheeler (mine was Kahki - just like my TJ).

Reactions: TJ2
That is another one that I thought will stay longer..... the Montero!

The Gen-I and Gen-II Montero's were off-road beasts. Both vehicles used to beat all the competition for many years, over in the Middle East, on some very serious terrain. The more recent Gen-III is very disappointing however--way too tame; poor clearance, and best suited for soccer practice and mall shopping (very slow on the speed bumps).

I sold my Gen-I with 240k miles on it, and it was still running like it was new, simply amazing. Pulled countless other 4×4's out of very nasty terrain. I miss that one....

*Here's a photo of a Gen-I Montero on 33's:

1546012884704.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ2
They were and are great little rigs. Get great gas mileage even with a carburetor. I still have the Samurai and use a lot for deer hunting on the ranch. Still a lot of aftermarket parts for them.
View attachment 69553

There's a whole lotta surfers over in Hawaii who swear by the Samurai's--they use them to access "secret" surf-spots--off the beaten path--in very dense and narrow jungle-like terrain.

They were and are great little rigs. Get great gas mileage even with a carburetor. I still have the Samurai and use a lot for deer hunting on the ranch. Still a lot of aftermarket parts for them.
View attachment 69553
Actually I was thinking of your rig when I saw this new ones on the web today. I know I was jealous (of course besides the couch) of your dino the first time I saw it.