Swapping a JK Dana 30 and Dana 44 into a TJ

[/QUOTE]
If you want the wider stance then I say go for it. You aren't doing anything that hasn't been done already so I'm sure if you run into any snags you can find help.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. And have fun...

Thanks for the links and advice, Wildman. I really appreciate it.
I know the kits are about $500CDN each around here and there are several smaller outfits that CNC truss and mount kits too.
So far I've only found JK Super 30 for the front axles. The D44s disappear as fast as they come available or they're bent. I've got more time than money right now anyway. A clean frame, a perfect tub... I've got time to plan it right..
I'm having fun just learning all this. I'm tired of fighting busted, rusted, rounded bolts. Building from scratch with new or newer materials is going to be such a nice change.

Hey, here's a fixer Rubicon in Calgary just came up 10 minutes ago for $4500. Not sure what kind of shape, but might be worth a look.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2003-jeep-tj-wrangler-rubicon/1538071409
I think I've run into that one before. Same as my 99 Sahara - tons of rust hidden behind the rubber floors and undercoating. I'm STILL cutting, grinding and welding on THAT mistake.
I don't have $4500 available right now anyway. The 3 Cs have nearly cleaned me out this year.

Do you know anyone from the states who could receive the parts and then meet you near the border on the USA side? Then just drive back over and say it was old metal a friend gave you. I know not totally legal but what the heck...

Do you know anyone from the states who could receive the parts and then meet you near the border on the USA side? Then just drive back over and say it was old metal a friend gave you. I know not totally legal but what the heck...
Unfortunately, no. My American friends are way down south - too far for a drive. When they used to live in Spokane, they would come up to camp, fish and trail ride - and leave goodies behind. Their trailer would be full of parts. We both had K-5 blazers, and would "trade" parts before they left... ah, they good old days.