Swayloc install: a little bumper trim and all good!

Moglocker

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Love the ride,almost forgot since I have been running the antirock.

4518C160-E58E-401D-9FF5-727DE35676C4.jpeg

I had just posted a new thread, but you may be able to answer. Are those the Currie flat tow brackets I see? If so, was there any clearance issue with the bolt through the crossmember and the outer torsion tube? Thanks.

Yes,I really wanted to keep the Currie tow points so what you have to do is drill the two rear holes out and use a rivnut the same threads as the bolt,I was able to buy a grade 8 that didn’t stick up past the rivnut,it worked flawlessly

Just installed the SwayLoc sway bar. Actually went together easily with minimal use of large rubber Mallet. Only problem is the stock 30" tires are rubbing the upper mounting bolt on the connecting rod. Somehow managed to misplace the installation instructionsns but remember that the bolt is supposed to thread through the SwayLoc arm with the nut on the Heim joint. That leaves a bit of the bolt sticking out which is contacting the tire. Would gain additional clearance if the bolt was inserted from the Helm joint side.

Is there any reason not to reverse the bolt insertion pattern, bolt through the Helm joint, then SwayLoc arm and nut on the SwayLoc arm side.

Have been running it in the dual mode and handling has been excellent. Will have to try it with just the inner bar and see how the jeep handles.

Last edited:
Just installed the SwayLoc sway bar. Actually went together easily with minimal use of large rubber Mallet. Only problem is the stock 30" tires are rubbing the upper mounting bolt on the connecting rod. Somehow managed to misplace the installation instructionsns but remember that the bolt is supposed to thread through the SwayLoc arm with the nut on the Heim joint. That leaves a bit of the bolt sticking out which is contacting the tire. Would gain additional clearance if the bolt was inserted from the Helm joint side.

Is there any reason not to reverse the bolt insertion pattern, bolt through the Helm joint, SwayLoc arm and nut on the SwayLoc arm side.

Have been running it in the dual mode and handling has been excellent. Will have to try it with just the inner bar and see how the jeep handles.

That’s the way I set mine up. If you want to follow the instructions you can always cut the bolt off flush with the nut.

You want as little clutter as you can get between the frame and the SwayLoc arm.