SwayLOC vs AntiRock

Akitadog

Willy's Edition
Supporting Member
Swapped out the Anti-rock for the Sway-loc. Just have to clearance the PS bumper a bit.

View attachment 420731

View attachment 420732

As some may remember I swapped out my Anti-Rock for a Sway-Loc. It has made a night and day difference in on road handling.
I had an annoying handling thing going on when running down the highway at about 65-70. As I would slightly correct the wheel it wanted to wander in that direction of the correction and I would wind up wandering back and forth, it was unnerving. I could not get over the feeling I was about to flip on my side when getting on the freeway due to the body roll.

Well in comes the Sway-Loc, It has completely removed the wandering and now it drives like it did when stock.

I've come to realize the Anti-Rock was great when off road and if I only trailered I would probably still be running it, but I hated it on road.

I have the AR waiting to install on my TJ, I'm curious from others running the anti rock how much a difference it makes on positioning the sway bar between the stiffest and softest settings?
Mine spent most of its time on the highway going to wheeling places and my Antirock was always on its loosest setting. I always felt it handled fine even on twisty mountain roads.

Mine spent most of its time on the highway going to wheeling places and my Antirock was always on its loosest setting. I always felt it handled fine even on twisty mountain roads.

Were you ever curious to find out if a stiffer setting was less rolly on those twisty mountain roads?

I was running the AR on the stiffest setting, but I'm sure alot of the body roll that was going on could have been the shocks and springs on mine rig.

I was running the AR on the stiffest setting, but I'm sure alot of the body roll that was going on could have been the shocks and springs on mine rig.

Shocks play a significant role in mitigating roll. Though, even with my nicely tuned Foxes, I still ran my AR on the middle setting, which is the loosest setting on the new 3 hole ARs.

The SwayLoc in street mode is significantly stiffer and nicer on pavement than the Antirock ever was.

I suspect there is something else wrong with your steering and or suspension.

I run the anti rock on its loosest setting and I comfortably cruise at 80 all day long without any issues…

It's more a matter of understanding the possibilities and going after them. Mine did not have something wrong with it's steering or suspension. Nor was I not able to cruise comfortably at 75-80mph. I still much prefer the SwayLoc over the Antirock for the street.

As some may remember I swapped out my Anti-Rock for a Sway-Loc. It has made a night and day difference in on road handling.
I had an annoying handling thing going on when running down the highway at about 65-70. As I would slightly correct the wheel it wanted to wander in that direction of the correction and I would wind up wandering back and forth, it was unnerving. I could not get over the feeling I was about to flip on my side when getting on the freeway due to the body roll.

Well in comes the Sway-Loc, It has completely removed the wandering and now it drives like it did when stock.

I've come to realize the Anti-Rock was great when off road and if I only trailered I would probably still be running it, but I hated it on road.

I had the exact same experience (minus the fear of flipping) and swapped the AR for a Swayloc last year. Swayloc is better on-road for sure. Can't tell so far if there is any difference off-road (I would guess no).

During my test drive after installing the Swayloc, everything felt much more solid on-road; body roll was greatly diminished even compared to the AR on the stiffest setting.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about my SwayLoc is the stickers fell off the first time I pressure washed my Jeep.

IMG20230511110822.jpg

.... Swayloc is better on-road for sure. Can't tell so far if there is any difference off-road (I would guess no).

Both effectively behave the same when the SL is unlocked and both are set to similar stiffness settings at the arms.

I knew it was not the steering and or suspension, because the AR was installed right after I just installed a HP Dana 30 and everything from steering to suspension was scrutinized during the process.

Reactions: reddvltj
Were you ever curious to find out if a stiffer setting was less rolly on those twisty mountain roads?

I always ran mine on loose. I switched ot to tight when letting my daughter drive (she may be steeling my jeep soon) made a difference but nothing to brag about on my rig.

I always ran mine on loose. I switched ot to tight when letting my daughter drive (she may be steeling my jeep soon) made a difference but nothing to brag about on my rig.

But it made a big enough difference that you went through the trouble of changing the stiffness?

But it made a big enough difference that you went through the trouble of changing the stiffness?

I was curious. Yes it does make a difference. My 16yr old daughter feels a bit more comfortable driving it. I would think if someone is experiencing un nerving sway it would be more related to another issue. But yes it does drive a little better at high speeds for me on the tighter settings.

It's more a matter of understanding the possibilities and going after them. Mine did not have something wrong with it's steering or suspension. Nor was I not able to cruise comfortably at 75-80mph. I still much prefer the SwayLoc over the Antirock for the street.

I wont disagree with you, but what the OP is saying is not that. He mentions he was afraid to flip, which is pretty extreme behavior.

I ran the Skyjackers Rock Lock and loved it. I did have to clearance my homemade bumper for it (see the notch in the top) and the hub make it super easy to lock and unlock.

IMG_5966_HEIC-L.jpg

Reactions: Akitadog