Switch Panel

Shwane

Backcountry Jeeper
Supporting Member
Has anyone installed this factory switch panel from an 03 into an 02? I wonder if it would work, as I'd like to install an air gauge on the right side panel. Remove the 3 gang switch panel and ashtray and bolt this one in.
image_59305.jpg

Has anyone installed this factory switch panel from an 03 into an 02? I wonder if it would work, as I'd like to install an air gauge on the right side panel. Remove the 3 gang switch panel and ashtray and bolt this one in.View attachment 26861

I installed the 03 and later double din center bezel in my 99 which requires the 03 and later switch panel to be installed. It would be easier to just get an 03 center bezel then trying to modify the 02 and earlier bezels. They can be had from Daveys Jeeps for about $25.

I installed the 03 and later double din center bezel in my 99 which requires the 03 and later switch panel to be installed. It would be easier to just get an 03 center bezel then trying to modify the 02 and earlier bezels. They can be had from Daveys Jeeps for about $25.
Ok, thanks

Using the '03 - '06 bezel would require the later radio, or a different adapter for an aftermarket radio, but would also work.
I made my own switch panel by dremeling off the ashtray mount followed by some judicious filing on the bezel, and mounting the panel to it.
5.JPG

One more question, I plan on running one of these for a normally off positive triggered device (air compressor) and lights. Has anyone ran one of these relay switch harnesses? Maybe not this brand per se, but something similar? I am trying to build a safe and functioning switch panel without spending 500 bucks on an sPod. I can find a small waterproof box to mount it in, and with some patience and time, I'm pretty sure I could build the same thing.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.