Tail lights?

Stinger

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Seem to have lost tail lights and of course dash lights. Can't seem to find the fuse for this circuit. 05 LJ.
Not behind the glove box or the PDC under the hood. o_O

On my '05 LJ when I installed my LED tail lights I inadvertently caused a short which tripped a fuse knocking out both my tail lights and dash lights. I believe it was fuse 13 but it was definitely a single fuse that was blown that affected both.

I got my wiring diagram out and it showed no fuse in the circuit from the multifunction switch to the lights. So I pulled the steering column cover (again) and moved the connector around. Lights came on and all is well.

Last edited:
Update: With the help of another forum's member I found the #1 wire from the interior fuse box to the #20 pin of the MFS was dead when it should have been hot. I suspected a bad connection of the wire. I could move the wire around enough to get tail lights-—-that is until the next time I turned them on. Then back under the dash for more wiggle.
Finally got Stinger home and in my shop. I pulled the fuse box, then bent a bracket behind which the wiring bundle runs. That allowed me to pull the box far enough out to see the back of the box. I found not 1 but 2 wires leaving that fuse connector. -Suspect one was the dash lights. - both of those wire were solid in their connectors.
Only other issue had to be sloppy connection on one side of the bladed fuse.
I pulled the fuse and slightly twisted the blades. No more tail light issues!