Tailgate questions

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
1. Is there any sort of drop down table or shelf that anyone knows of that fits the TJ tailgate? (I know there are some universal ones that you could make work with some drilling).

2. What are the 4 screws at the top of the inside of the tailgate for? Seems like if you take them off, nothing happens to the tailgate. Can the tailgate be separated in-half somehow if you take off the latch system or something?

Just curious, i'de like to make some kind of base camp mods for the TJ by utilizing the tailgate more but not too interested in the little pouches and molle stuff that I see from time to time.

So not something like this then.? Or are you wanting something bigger with more room?
table.jpg

Thats sort of along the line of what I was looking for. Is that a universal one or something specific to TJ?
I'm pretty sure it universal...but there has to be some that are specific to TJ's..I just looked up Jeep Wrangler TJ Tail gate storage on google..I think Morris 4x4 has some on their site.Made by Warrior.

Reactions: EJD and lowranger
I'm pretty sure it universal...but there has to be some that are specific to TJ's..I just looked up Jeep Wrangler TJ Tail gate storage on google..I think Morris 4x4 has some on their site.Made by Warrior.
Yeah that nice but super expensive. Good find though!
I'm gonna try and see if I can make a custom setup with universal mounting parts.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
My buddy has a really nice tailgate folding table that is designed for a TJ on his LJ LOL. I think it's an outback adventure table but not sure. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Reactions: EJD and Kiwi TJ
Looks like a pretty easy DIY, especially considering the prices of the ones listed.
Yeah, I was only asking cause I see tons of them for JK on Amazon and nothing for TJ really.

I'm gonna go for the custom setup, I found a cool universal one that just requires drilling into the tailgate in a couple spots.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ