Taking the windshield down with KC Xcross light bar

Vernin1984

I’ve been eyeing a KC lightbar for a good bit now but I’m not sure if there’s anyway I can still take my windshield down with them on. Does anyone have any experience with them on there TJs that could help me out?

I don't have any particular dislike for a lightbar, I just don't like what they do. Having lights above your head causes them to light up your hood, not the terrain ahead of you.
By my avatar, you can see that I like light. I just prefer it out front of me where it will do the most good.
BTW, not to speak for TheBoogieman, but I think that he's referring to the practice of JKs merely showing off their lightbars at the mall rather than serving any useful purpose.

Having lights above your head causes them to light up your hood, not the terrain ahead of you.

So they magically cut off lighting up everything else?

Really, they can cause a lot of glare that can prevent you from seeing farther out. When they are set back from the windsheild a couple inches, they are great... not really doable on a jeep...

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
not to speak for TheBoogieman, but I think that he's referring to the practice of JKs merely showing off their lightbars at the mall rather than serving any useful purpose.
(y)
jeep-jk-starter-kit-360062.png

I don't have any particular dislike for a lightbar, I just don't like what they do. Having lights above your head causes them to light up your hood, not the terrain ahead of you.
By my avatar, you can see that I like light. I just prefer it out front of me where it will do the most good.
BTW, not to speak for TheBoogieman, but I think that he's referring to the practice of JKs merely showing off their lightbars at the mall rather than serving any useful purpose.

I had no idea that would happen I guess I didn’t think about it the XROSS bar looks great but while I do care a lot about looks I’d prefer efficiency over looks

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I’ve been eyeing a KC lightbar for a good bit now but I’m not sure if there’s anyway I can still take my windshield down with them on. Does anyone have any experience with them on there TJs that could help me out?
I think you'll probably not continue lowering the windshield after the newness of doing it wears off. I haven't lowered my TJ's windshield since late 1996 after doing it once for shits and grins. I like it there to keep the dust and flying debris out of my eyes without having to wear goggles.

I think you'll probably not continue lowering the windshield after the newness of doing it wears off. I haven't lowered my TJ's windshield since late 1996 after doing it once for shits and grins. I like it there to keep the dust and flying debris out of my eyes without having to wear goggles.

This right here. I did it once for a week in the summer, drove on the freeway like that, and everything. A lot of fun, but haven't put it down since. Seems like most people are like that.

The exception is if you're in a CJ where it takes 5 seconds to do and it's a weekend/offroad-only car for you.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I know plenty of guys who wheel their JK's, including me. The angry birds grilles don't have any trouble on the rocks. But don't let me ruin the fun. :)

Reactions: PNW_LJ