Talk about being stuck

There was a vid not to long ago I saw someone trying to tow their triple axle 42’ toy hauler with a full-size F350 on street tires into the sand of Utah or California. Yup they got stuck.

Plenty of videos at Oceano of guys doing the same thing. Specifically, trying to cross the outlet with a 5th wheel. Tow trucks make a killing out there just staging and waiting for idiots. No shortage....

Reactions: THunter
Growing up the road that went buy our house came to a T intersection a 1/4 mile south of the place. Cars would come flying by and night and we'd all look over to see if they noticed the stop ahead warning sign, stop sign, and the large dead end sign across the road next to the small ditch crossing we used to get to the fields with a tractor.

It's was surprising how many people didn't see all the signs and ended up 100 ft in the soft muddy ground. They'd tear around a while trying to get out. Then come walking down the road, knocking, and looking for us to tow them out of our field, they tore up, with our Tractor.

It was still nothing like getting a combine or a tractor stuck. Then you had to call the construction guy in the area and he'd bring over the dozer and excavator. Our neighbor buried his large combine and it took an excavator, dozer, and a large 4wd tractor to pull him out after the ground dried enough to get a wagon over to unload the grain.

I'm not so sure I would have operated that winch under those circumstance without a line dampener....or while sitting in the driver seat. Still, good job. Makes me miss my XJs.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb...🎼

I think almost all of them make you question what the stuck driver was thinking in the first place. The only one I've felt kinda bad for is the 4 runner stuck on the log with a busted arm and his kid with him.
Usually people are going in in much better weather conditions than when the rescue is going down. He mentions this occasionally.
The other thing he mentions is for every one rescue he does, there is probably 99 others that happen too. We've done quite a few trailer and RV rescues at the local ski areas.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Sounds like there is plenty of work out there for our rigs.

Reactions: xxdabroxx