TAN—Thread About Nothing

In other news we took the jeep up to the mountains for a cruise yesterday and I got some footage of a Giant Sequoia with my drone. Once I get it edited I'll post it up, absolutely mind boggling how tall those trees are. the top was well over 200' above ground level at the road I was parked on.
We took part of our honeymoon ten years ago to drive from SF up to Seattle through the Redwoods. It was an awesome trip, stayed in a little B&B tucked in the forest. I remember hiking & seeing this sequoia that had fallen, the crater from the root ball was 30 feet deep!

Reactions: xxdabroxx
We took part of our honeymoon ten years ago to drive from SF up to Seattle through the Redwoods. It was an awesome trip, stayed in a little B&B tucked in the forest. I remember hiking & seeing this sequoia that had fallen, the crater from the root ball was 30 feet deep!
Low quality video from my phone. The video from the SD card on the drone looks much better but it's at home.

Reactions: Squatch and qslim
Drove two hours to pick up a 1/2 processed beef today from the Amish. Got popped doing 81 in a 70 on the way home by HP Trooper Adams. I was being passed by a semi when he says he clocked me, cruise was set on 76 at the time. All business this guy, oh well, hand it to the attorney and move on. Ticket generated revenue is probably way down because Covid-19. Main traffic flow was doing 80+, whatever dude. Today just wasn't my day.

Got home unloaded beef into freezers and jump back in the truck to go grab a quick sandwich since its 9:30p by now. My dad calls and he is pissed, he just had a dude on a 49cc scooter run a stop sign and pull out in front of him on his Harley while on a 45 mph 4 lane road. Bike is totaled, scooter is glitter, dad has some road rash and a bad attitude. EMT want to take him, but he wont go cause he's a tight ass. Scooter dude has no insurance (not required here for 49cc <- total bullshit) I was like 4 mins away so I came to the scene. Cops are being cool, scooter dude is swearing it "ain't my fault cause he didn't see me". Cop hands scooter dude a citation for "failure to yield" and tells him to get moving. Hes coming back for the rest of the scooter later, with a trash bag or something, Chinese plastic shrapnel all over the side of the road. Dads bike runs, but shift lever is broken off, handlebars are bent up a little, gauges are banged up. Yeah, sure I can ride it home, lol. Its not far so I jamb it in 3rd and slip the clutch a little. Get it home and notice dads pants have a red stain. Along with some major road rash he has a puncture wound the EMT missed completely to his lower leg that looks like a bullet wound. That's gonna need some stitches. He drove himself to the ER. Hope tomorrow goes better for both of us.

Damn, that's brutal AMS. Hope your dad heals up quick and the insurance covers the repairs. Harley repairs aren't cheap but in my experience the factory repair paint jobs are top notch. My dads had the nicest paint job I've ever seen when he got it back from the factory. Took forever though as it was an uncommon paint code they don't mix up very often.

Reactions: AMS417
Damn, that's brutal AMS. Hope your dad heals up quick and the insurance covers the repairs. Harley repairs aren't cheap but in my experience the factory repair paint jobs are top notch. My dads had the nicest paint job I've ever seen when he got it back from the factory. Took forever though as it was an uncommon paint code they don't mix up very often.

He is sore and bitchy today. Took 12 staples in the leg last night at the ER and he didn't enjoy them cleaning up his road rash at all. He carries full coverage insurance so they will take care of the bike, but we might buy it back and repair it just to keep around. He still has his old 1980 Harley he crashed back in the 90's in the shop. I could fix it back to functional condition for a few hundred bucks with used parts. He will probably take the opportunity to upgrade to a newer bike in the process, his is a 2005 with 50k miles on it. Just wish we required people on scooters to carry at minimum liability insurance. Most people riding them do so because its cheap and they have no alternative. You can't successfully sue them for anything, because they just don't have anything to give. Insurance for a scooter is about $90 a year by the way.

Lumber run with two cylinders today.
1834E23D-B154-49A7-A7F9-EE7E74977E7C.jpeg

I'm so tired of computers that I'm punting on technology this weekend. Okay maybe I'll check here on my phone if I get bored somewhere but this is just reading words.

I just got out of testing season where you shove a couple million data points through spreadsheets and calculations until it funnels into an answer. Then explain it to people who have no idea what you did.

After I got done with that I went back to our advanced analytics software program implementation which requires a couple hundred thousand data points and calculations every minute filtered through the entire plant design documentation for each of our 5 remaining plants waiting for implementation.

It's like doing your taxes for 8-10 hours a day for months on end, then getting to do 5 more people taxes as a reward.

It's Bourbon time.

Reactions: Squatch and Cheesy
I had a great camping trip this weekend with my dad and stepmom. We took his Jimmy and my Jeep. The weather was great but it really sucked to come home to 100+ deg on Sunday.

Tree stump in camp was about the only crawling that got done, did go for a couple cruises on the fire roads though.

1592842589582.png

Big girl isn't quite as limber as the TJ but pretty close. He would've made it farther with a locker or two.

1592842678155.png

We may have an axe problem

1592842773115.png

Found this guy crawling around on a stump.

1592842731001.png

1592842817154.png

Lumber run with two cylinders today.
View attachment 170935

Oh man, you're a Ural guy huh.. They seem like cool bikes, unfortunately the only association I have with them is with one of my old managers who rode one to work every day. We had a company beach party one summer in FL and he showed up on his Ural wearing one of those bright green Borat man bikinis with half his balls hanging out & sporting pierced nipples. True story. Since then I have not been a Ural fan.

Just got my wisdom teeth pulled today, hurts like a son of a... other than that I helped my dad replace the alternator in his f350. He had to deal with multiple idiots at out stores saying "oh, here is your part number" which they got wrong multiple times. We finally got it today, now up and running

Oh man, you're a Ural guy huh.. They seem like cool bikes, unfortunately the only association I have with them is with one of my old managers who rode one to work every day. We had a company beach party one summer in FL and he showed up on his Ural wearing one of those bright green Borat man bikinis with half his balls hanging out & sporting pierced nipples. True story. Since then I have not been a Ural fan.
There’s a minds eye image I didn’t need first thing in the morning. But, I like my Ural. Handy as a mini truck, grandchild transporter, camper, and parade ride for disabled vets.