TAN—Thread About Nothing

xxdabroxx

TJ Addict
Figured I'd make a general chit chat thread on here and see if it goes anywhere.

What are you all up to recently (non-jeep related)? I just ordered $300 worth of tune up/ maintenance parts for my pickup. It's needed some attention for a while now and this afternoon I decided not to tolerate the blend door fucking off anymore. The drivers side heat blend actuator gets lost and goes to full heat until you cycle the key. I've had enough. Also bought spark plugs, wires, upstream O2 sensors, blower motor resistor, new headlight housings, and air filter cleaner and oil.

Anything good in the neighborhood?

Reactions: TJ Starting and Hog
I’ve actually just done the same with my F150. Replaced the air filter, led fog lights and an oil/filter change.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
I’m finishing up a bathroom remodel that I began last year.
Congrats! Bathrooms can get expensive quick but having an updated one sure is nice.

I totally know how that goes, I've been working on my house for a few years now. I've got the living room mostly gutted right now and am about to start insulating the walls. Then I have to hang drywall, tape, texture, etc.

Reactions: KMET and Daryl
Congrats! Bathrooms can get expensive quick but having an updated one sure is nice.

I totally know how that goes, I've been working on my house for a few years now. I've got the living room mostly gutted right now and am about to start insulating the walls. Then I have to hang drywall, tape, texture, etc.
I’m at the texturing stage. You know how remodels go, once the walls were opened up it turned into a complete replumb of the house. That set me back a few months.

I dropped the fog lights and LED tail lights from my cart after I added it all up. That would've been another $150 I just didn't need to spend.
Yes they are stupid expensive. I should have specified. I just threw in some LED bulbs, but what a difference. Old vs new

36074735-73DF-44F4-B09A-605D54BC4811.jpeg

My youngest decide he wants a “floating bed” thing which I guess is the cool thing now adays.. it had led rope lights that wrap underneath it and around the back of the headboard and give an illusion of floating.. kinda cool, I’ve been instructing him and sending him to lumber yards and stains and such.. we have almost completed it just need to add the side step thing that the lights go under on the side and foot of the bed, found some old pine flooring that we will stain and attach hopefully before he graduates next year

I’m just hired a Financial Advisor and dumped 90% of my cash savings into an investment account. Scary shit for me but I have to do something with it.

Looking for a van. I can’t do anything until next month so I’m taking my time.

Searching for a 99-04 Superduty front axle. CL is dead, where else can I find one?

Hoping to be starting on the project by September.

Reactions: lowranger
Looking for a van. I can’t do anything until next month so I’m taking my time.

Searching for a 99-04 Superduty front axle. CL is dead, where else can I find one?

Hoping to be starting on the project by September.

Fleet auction sites?

Reactions: Daryl
Replaced fog lights with LED's. This week I start replacing front shocks, bushings,tie rod ends and front brakes. All stock because with stock axles I'm keeping it simple. I changed the transfer case fluid that had water in it.