TAN—Thread About Nothing

I'm a FB refusenik, but I've found quite a bit of stuff on offerup and letgo.
Samesies. I have a facebook account that I created at the unwavering behest years ago, but it's stagnant. She actually logs in for me every now & then and tells me about my friend requests. I've linked up with a few old military buddies so I have gotten some utility from it, but I just can't keep up on it.

Reactions: Zorba
Samesies. I have a facebook account that I created at the unwavering behest years ago, but it's stagnant. She actually logs in for me every now & then and tells me about my friend requests. I've linked up with a few old military buddies so I have gotten some utility from it, but I just can't keep up on it.
I tell people that I've been using, programming, building, and even designing computers since long before most people had ever even seen one - and (in reference to facesuck) "this ain't it." I love computers, and I love the Internet, but I'd exit both before I'd be caught dead on that site. It was a thorn in my side back when it was limited to a few college campuses and nobody had heard of it yet. Some idiot linked to my website claiming to be me. As a result, I blocked all links from there, a policy that stands to this day!

How does USPS know? How do they know what orders are important and make sure they fuck up the delivery on them. Waiting on parts for my truck tune up tomorrow (should have been here already) and the tracking shows the order got to within 50 miles of my house then got shipped back to over 100 miles away from my house. Supposedly it will get delivered sometime tomorrow by 8pm. Great, not like I had plans for the spark plugs, wires, and blend door actuator...

I tell people that I've been using, programming, building, and even designing computers since long before most people had ever even seen one - and (in reference to facesuck) "this ain't it." I love computers, and I love the Internet, but I'd exit both before I'd be caught dead on that site. It was a thorn in my side back when it was limited to a few college campuses and nobody had heard of it yet. Some idiot linked to my website claiming to be me. As a result, I blocked all links from there, a policy that stands to this day!

Loved it when my daughter was young using Myspace. I showed some other parents how to decrypt Base64 to monitor our kids.

How does USPS know? How do they know what orders are important and make sure they fuck up the delivery on them. Waiting on parts for my truck tune up tomorrow (should have been here already) and the tracking shows the order got to within 50 miles of my house then got shipped back to over 100 miles away from my house. Supposedly it will get delivered sometime tomorrow by 8pm. Great, not like I had plans for the spark plugs, wires, and blend door actuator...

Dude you aren't kidding. So far I've had a set of new ball joints for the TJ & a couple of Traxxas RC batteries for my kid go missing. The Amazon status said "your package is lost" for both of them. Never seen that before. I also have a set of LED bulbs for the wife's Lexus that keeps getting pushed back for a week now.

• Angry
Reactions: Rick Flair
Loved it when my daughter was young using Myspace. I showed some other parents how to decrypt Base64 to monitor our kids.
That's another fad site that I never got involved with. I think the last fad site I was involved with was Tribe, and there was Geocities before that.

Reactions: qslim
That's another fad site that I never got involved with. I think the last fad site I was involved with was Tribe, and there was Geocities before that.
I remember Geocities. I was more of a Usenet guy back then.

Fedex is no better, a couple years ago they lost over $500,000 in checks a customer sent me to cover a very large mailing....it showed up 3 months later after new checks were cut.

• Wow
Reactions: xxdabroxx
Fedex is no better, a couple years ago they lost over $500,000 in checks a customer sent me to cover a very large mailing....it showed up 3 months later after new checks were cut.
I’m still waiting for a $10,000 hydraulic motor shipped via DHL. Been something like ten years.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and Rick Flair
My treager finally died. 3 solid years of 30 pounds each week, the hot rod finally stopped working. I wish I would have bought a rec tec like I wanted but I listened to coworkers.

it’s a $18 dollar part that showed up today. I have used the crap out of it but I didn’t expect this from a $1000 pellet smoker. The outside paint is gone, the drip pan rusted out and fell apart (it sits under my covered porch so no rain) and the diffuser pan is so warped it rocks about 2” each side.

but I do love the food off it, as does the family but I won’t be pouring any more money into this shitty smoker.

• Wow
Reactions: Hog
My treager finally died. 3 solid years of 30 pounds each week, the hot rod finally stopped working. I wish I would have bought a rec tec like I wanted but I listened to coworkers.

it’s a $18 dollar part that showed up today. I have used the crap out of it but I didn’t expect this from a $1000 pellet smoker. The outside paint is gone, the drip pan rusted out and fell apart (it sits under my covered porch so no rain) and the diffuser pan is so warped it rocks about 2” each side.

but I do love the food off it, as does the family but I won’t be pouring any more money into this shitty smoker.
do you think the rec tec is a better grill or just better buy for the money. My dad has a pretty big treager that he likes, as well as a char broil, and a big ass stainless webber, and a round webber.

I remember Geocities. I was more of a Usenet guy back then.
Yep, Usenet was great until the SPAMbots took over. I was pretty active in rec.outdoors.rv-travel (if I remember the name correctly), some guy named Will Sill was kind of "king of the hill" there. SPAM is ruining everything, I remember one February many many years ago when it "suddenly" started with email. Just out of the blue, virtually none before then, and tons of it since. I have to defend my website's contact form against it, and more recently I started getting SPAM texts! As I seldom used texting anyway, I canceled that part of my phone service and saved $2.50/month, but it sure is aggravating. And now I get at least one SPAM phone call per day, I've limited ring-throughs to address book only. Thank Goddess they don't generally leave voice mail - or I'll turn that off too as I especially dislike voice mail but it has its uses.

do you think the rec tec is a better grill or just better buy for the money. My dad has a pretty big treager that he likes, as well as a char broil, and a big ass stainless webber, and a round webber.

It looks way better built. That and Yoder seems like higher quality pellet smokers.

mine looks like it spent years on the coast with amount of rust and decay. I have used it a lot but for the money, it should not have done this. The food quality is great.

It looks way better built. That and Yoder seems like higher quality pellet smokers.

mine looks like it spent years on the coast with amount of rust and decay. I have used it a lot but for the money, it should not have done this. The food quality is great.
Rec tec and Yoder are the top tier pellet poopers, but the others (weber) are starting to catch on. I would probably go rec tec if i was in the market for one. Wife would kill me, already have a gasser grill, electric smoker ans 36" griddle outside....funny same amount as "toy" vehicles I have in the garage?

• Haha
Rec tec and Yoder are the top tier pellet poopers, but the others (weber) are starting to catch on. I would probably go rec tec if i was in the market for one. Wife would kill me, already have a gasser grill, electric smoker ans 36" griddle outside....funny same amount as "toy" vehicles I have in the garage?

Good to hear Weber is stepping up for sure.

I will say, once I got a pellet smoker I only use my Weber (charcoal) for steaks. I do everything on the pellet smoker! I think it’s why I’m so disappointed.

I use it 5-6 nights a week.

I use the Amazin pellet tray in my electric smoker...one of my favorite things is smoking a tri-tip to 125 deg then reverse sear on the grill. This cut is very hard to get on the east coast but, luckily restaurant depot (supply house) carries them but I need to get 7 of them at a time (I know tough problem...lol)!

• Love
Cheating on the jeep.

20200605_175606.jpg
20200605_175611.jpg

Bring back wind wings.

I use the Amazin pellet tray in my electric smoker...one of my favorite things is smoking a tri-tip to 125 deg then reverse sear on the grill. This cut is very hard to get on the east coast but, luckily restaurant depot (supply house) carries them but I need to get 7 of them at a time (I know tough problem...lol)!

I have two marinating in my fridge now, it is one our favorite cuts!

Reactions: cliffish