Tan dash color from '97 & '98's

SkylinesSuck

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I've been on the hunt for a long time for some replacement dash panels for my '98 Sahara. '97 & '98 Saharas have the same tan dash colors and it changed in '99. I'm wondering, is the tan colored dash in any every non-Sahara from '97/'98 the same tan color, or is it a Sahara specific color thing? It would make finding replacement parts a lot easier if it was the same.

There's a sticker on the inside of the panel at the driver's knees that says the color code in case anybody gets the chance to peek for me. Thanks in advance!!

Mine is a 97 sport. Looks like interior code is T6? Photo attached, maybe you can read it better? I'll try for a better photo tomorrow in the daylight.

20210104_105950.jpg

20210104_105951.jpg

All 97-98 models should be the same color. I think it was referred to as “saddle.”

I've been on the hunt for a long time for some replacement dash panels for my '98 Sahara. '97 & '98 Saharas have the same tan dash colors and it changed in '99. I'm wondering, is the tan colored dash in any every non-Sahara from '97/'98 the same tan color, or is it a Sahara specific color thing? It would make finding replacement parts a lot easier if it was the same.

There's a sticker on the inside of the panel at the driver's knees that says the color code in case anybody gets the chance to peek for me. Thanks in advance!!
SEM makes trim paint that should match whatever color you need. In the event you cannot find an exact match you can paint your existing or a replacement. I recently needed to get a replacement floor console from a later model TJ for a subwoofer addition and all I could find was the kaki color. Once the weather warms and I can spray outside I'll proceed with the color change.

Gray scotch brite pads & Dawn dish soap to prep then
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TQH9DS/?tag=wranglerorg-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00063VKQ4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

While the cap doesn't look like the same color, a test spray looks like the paint is a match

Thank you guys! Looks like that opens up a lot more options for me to find my saddle interior panels.

And about SEM, I've been down that road and you are going to be disappointed. I've even gone to an SEM dealer with a dash panel and they spent a couple hours trying to help me out. No dice. Nothing SEM recommends or sells on the shelf matches. Here's a whole thread if you care to read:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/sahara-interior-color-code.6561/

Oh boy! Well, for me, there's no turning back now. I'll post up pics once all is said and done and hopefully it's close enough.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Thank you guys! Looks like that opens up a lot more options for me to find my saddle interior panels.

And about SEM, I've been down that road and you are going to be disappointed. I've even gone to an SEM dealer with a dash panel and they spent a couple hours trying to help me out. No dice. Nothing SEM recommends or sells on the shelf matches. Here's a whole thread if you care to read:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/sahara-interior-color-code.6561/
Well, you were right. SEM saddle is not even close. It is a darker brown. I’m now at the crossroads...leave it as is it paint the whole interior. 85CF1AE1-B245-42DA-B653-7FCBE9FA2A9D.jpeg41D57140-1100-4C67-8365-C2886F1CF378.jpeg

Reactions: SSTJ
And interestingly I just found out something else you posted a picture of. I picked up a spare console but the useless change holder thingy is a different style. Now I have no where to install my air bag switch 😣

I recently painted all my interior in my ‘98 with SEM Camel and Landau Black. Came out looking good to me.

I will. Won’t be back home till Saturday but will do it then. I pulled the steering wheel and painted that as well and very glad I did.

And interestingly I just found out something else you posted a picture of. I picked up a spare console but the useless change holder thingy is a different style. Now I have no where to install my air bag switch 😣
What style did you get? I have a spare keyed airbag switch that goes in place where the coin holder is on the newer style consoles. You can have it for the cost of shipping.

I appreciate it, but I already have the switch installed in my current console. I got another tan console that my dumb ass didn't drill holes in for switches but it is solid like in the picture above. Your can see the two different styles in post #9. I guess now I need to keep looking for another tan 97-98 console with the cutout for the switch.

Can’t you just drill a hole large enough for the switch and customize the existing console??

Possibly but probably not worth the effort to make it look clean. Notice the recess and spots for it to clip in on the painted one above. I'm just going to keep my eyes open for another one.

Perfect, I think that is what I am looking for! I’ll order some new color . Camel looks like it’s a better match than the saddle.

How many cans did it take ??