WTB: Tan / Spice Hard Top (FOUND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking for a tan/spice hard top. Mine is a 97, so preferably the 97–03 version (or whenever the change was). But, will consider the later ones too.

I hear that the color was slightly different for 97 and 98, but I'm open to later colors too.

I am in Greenville SC. Willing to drive a bit or arrange a pickup if needed.

Update: I also drive to Raleigh NC and Huntsville AL about once per quarter.

Last edited:
Bump. Not that I'm expecting to find one quickly, but just keeping this thread alive.

Reactions: williambmac
I spend a lot time on the Facebook marketplace looking for larger parts and components. It’s how I found my 97 SE, the upper half door sliders, and the replacement gas tank. I’ll see a fair few hard tops pop up, including spice.

The trick is to go to the Delivery Options setting and set it for Local Delivery and whatever distance you’re willing to drive. When I’m searching I set it for a 250 mile radius because for some reason the 100 mile setting skips over sellers that are fairly close.

Regardless, I’ve seen a few in SC and there is at least one Jeep scraper that has quite a few. Most are running in the $1200 range which is more than I’m willling to pay right now. If you can’t find it let me know and I’ll see if I can get you the info on the parts reseller.

I hope this helps.

I spend a lot time on the Facebook marketplace looking for larger parts and components. It’s how I found my 97 SE, the upper half door sliders, and the replacement gas tank. I’ll see a fair few hard tops pop up, including spice.

The trick is to go to the Delivery Options setting and set it for Local Delivery and whatever distance you’re willing to drive. When I’m searching I set it for a 250 mile radius because for some reason the 100 mile setting skips over sellers that are fairly close.

Regardless, I’ve seen a few in SC and there is at least one Jeep scraper that has quite a few. Most are running in the $1200 range which is more than I’m willling to pay right now. If you can’t find it let me know and I’ll see if I can get you the info on the parts reseller.

I hope this helps.

Hey, thanks. Yes, I do the same with FB Marketplace pretty regularly. It's how I've found the majority of OEM parts that I've bought (wheels, rubicon flares, etc.). If you're seeing spice OEM hard tops near me then I might be doing something wrong. I'll go try again.

Reactions: Wheeler
Hey, thanks. Yes, I do the same with FB Marketplace pretty regularly. It's how I've found the majority of OEM parts that I've bought (wheels, rubicon flares, etc.). If you're seeing spice OEM hard tops near me then I might be doing something wrong. I'll go try again.
I’ll start looking again. If I come across any I’ll pass the link along to you if that’s ok?

I’ll start looking again. If I come across any I’ll pass the link along to you if that’s ok?

Thanks. I had some luck by changing the mileage to 250 as you suggested. Nothing quite right yet, but I'm still looking.

Reactions: Wheeler
Status
Not open for further replies.