TC drop with a body lift

Nitro Junkie

I only have a 2" body lift on my 05' Sport with 32x11.5 BFG tires. For some reason, the previous owner did a 1" TC drop. They're 1" square tubing that say Skyjacker on them. Is there any reason for the TC drop with a body lift? I thought that was only needed with a suspension lift? Am I correct in assuming I can eliminate the TC drop?

Thanks for the reply. As far as I know, the suspension is completely stock. It's my first Jeep, so I'm no expert. The 32" tires rub when I pull into a parking spot, if I turn the wheel too far. I would think they wouldn't rub if it had more than 2" of lift.

Easy to check, measure the springs at ride height, 12” from perch to top is stock front and 8” is stock back.

I don’t know whey my you’d do a TC drop at that height, possible someone had a suspension lift and took it off for a BL?

Reactions: scottgraham
Ok, thanks. I will measure them tomorrow to confirm. The guy I bought it from is in his 70's. He was the 2nd owner. Maybe it had a SL and he had it removed, like you said.

I got impatient and measured the coil springs in the dark with a flashlight. The rears measure 8", and the fronts measure 12". The front springs have a 2" rubber spacer at the top of the spring. I'm assuming that's a leveling kit? If so, would that require a TC drop?
I feel stupid asking this two years after buying the Jeep, but I've only driven it 2200 miles since I've owned it, and haven't spent any time underneath it, except to change the oil.

I wouldn’t think so, no, a spacer shouldn’t, it would actually lift the front and make the angle from TC to pinion less I believe, not by much.
This isn’t difficult, just pull the skid bolts, slide the TC Drop spacers, and drive it. If it has vibes, then you know why, if not then just leave it.

I never thought it would be difficult. It's just an eye sore that I'd like to eliminate, if possible. I thought maybe someone on here had a similar set-up. Thanks for your input.