TDI swap in Jeep Wrangler TJ

Hey, thought I would jump in on this thread. In the process of swapping a bhw tdi out of a 2005 passat into my 2005 LJ. Jeep has a 42rle but I could not find anyone who made a stand alone tcu for it so opted for a ax15. Currently looking for engine mount solutions. Anyway good luck, I will be watching this thread and chiming in with info when I can.

Reactions: TJ Starting
How do you plan on connecting the engine to stock tranny? I am interested in this swap but I cannot find anyone selling adapting plates to hook the tdi engine to auto 3spd transmission? Love your jeep.

Reactions: Wildman
How do you plan on connecting the engine to stock tranny? I am interested in this swap but I cannot find anyone selling adapting plates to hook the tdi engine to auto 3spd transmission? Love your jeep.
I went with white bread performance for the trans adapter plate and coty built for the truss system adapter kit. I know coty built jeep, white bread performance amd fast forward automotive make adapter plates and doomsday diesel is getting into tdi swaps himself.

Reactions: Wildman
Hey, thought I would jump in on this thread. In the process of swapping a bhw tdi out of a 2005 passat into my 2005 LJ. Jeep has a 42rle but I could not find anyone who made a stand alone tcu for it so opted for a ax15. Currently looking for engine mount solutions. Anyway good luck, I will be watching this thread and chiming in with info when I can.
You outta get in contact with coty built jeep for that. My truss I bought uses the factory mounts.

I been a ghost lately but I have made a bit of progress. I got my fuel system done, nothing fancy just a little external lift pump. My wire harness has been made and it is ready to get installed when my truss member kit gets here (Friday) and then it’ll be sitting in the jeep. Just pulled apart the old jeep harness and it is just about ready to go back in the jeep itself.

784CD289-DFA0-4F39-9411-88CEEE0CF11E.jpeg

18D3AB68-E561-4224-8B94-2A33CB9FF6FF.jpeg

On the tj they had the 3 speed that was shifted hydraulically and then in 2003/2004 they changed to the 4 speed that was electrically controlled *I BELIEVE* so I think I should be fine on tranny stuff. You said you will work on a micro controller interface between the jeep gauges and the vw CAN bus? What is a CAN bus amd why can’t you splice into the (ie) oil pressure sending unit so it can be read in the keep cluster?

Hey Jayden. Any updates on your conversion with 3 speed tranny?