Utah Team America (World Police)

@qslim - you want to add hell's minus named obstacles to the list on Thursday? You should do Baby lions back too.

@Bsulzberger do you want to be tentatively added to Friday and Saturday? For Saturday we'd have to get going early because as soon as I'm done that day it's grab a bite to eat and put the LJ on the trailer for a non-stop drive home. So I'm still tentative for Saturday myself.
Yes, let's go with that. I may change Saturday, but we have time to figure that out.

Thanks for putting this together.

Reactions: Apparition
I just ordered a cheap set of handhelds because I want to be cool like everyone else. There's programming involved?
I think you only need to program if you buy one of the fancy ham/gmrs ones... straight GMRS radios typically operate like a CB... dial up channel 19 and good to go.

I think you only need to program if you buy one of the fancy ham/gmrs ones... straight GMRS radios typically operate like a CB... dial up channel 19 and good to go.
You will still need to set the privacy codes, but that’s pretty easy

Me last year on Baby Lions back, this is the entire trail. You be the judge.

Oh that one- yeah we did that last time we were there. Isn’t that the one the guy took a Buick or Caprice on?

For Saturday we'd have to get going early because as soon as I'm done that day it's grab a bite to eat and put the LJ on the trailer for a non-stop drive home. So I'm still tentative for Saturday myself.
What time do you envision being off the trail Saturday? I can't remember the checkout time at the KOA but only reason I wasn't going to do Saturday was the checkout time and drive up north to Idaho where I spend the night before heading home Sunday...

What time do you envision being off the trail Saturday? I can't remember the checkout time at the KOA but only reason I wasn't going to do Saturday was the checkout time and drive up north to Idaho where I spend the night before heading home Sunday...
I’m not sure of the checkout time either. Figured I’d have that all wrapped up before we left.

My Moab trail book says it’s a 2-4 hour trail. I’d start as early as 6am if needed.

Reactions: qslim and DaveF
Well, I installed my GMRS, turned it on, turned it to a channel, and all my friends heard me.. not sure what else to say.
As long as everyone is not using a tone for transmit and receive it will work. During TJ fest a tone has been established (223) and if you don’t set that tone you won’t be able to communicate with the others. I usually set the same tone for all of the channels so I don’t have to fiddle with it on the trail. Just need to make sure everyone else is using the same tone.

I’d like to join Monday and Tuesday if that’s ok.

I’m a maybe for Thursday but I really want to do that elephant hill - still thinking.

Reactions: Apparition
I’d like to join Monday and Tuesday if that’s ok.

I’m a maybe for Thursday but I really want to do that elephant hill - still thinking.
I’ll add you for Monday and Tuesday.

Elephant hill is awesome and more scenic than TOTW but there’s nowhere more spectacular than the money shot of TOTW.

Elephant Hill
9EBFB145-A5FC-4995-822B-0055532B7628.jpeg

TOTW
94102D83-881A-4260-8F51-4802CEF46D24.jpeg