Team Stay at Home (Hero)

DJI drones are really good, no comparison there.

The hero 2 seemed good but mounted on my Raptor 700R bumper it was pretty much useless. Now technology really made a difference but we approach diminishing returns and bump into computer processing capabilities with the video sizes.

I started out on a Raptor 700 and traded it for a Honda TRX700XX

1617914029700.png

I liked the IFS in the rear over the swing axle of the Raptor.

A word of warning to anyone that's coming through on I-80 in Nebraska. Check the wind forecast.

Today the winds are mearly 25 mph west to east with 35 mph gusts. It's a breezy day. Not windy, just barely in the red flag fire danger range. My neighbor got back from a trip and the group almost stopped for the night rather than continue fighting wind and traffic. They had to make an extra fuel stop because of the winds. It can blow you out of your lanes, or the trucks around you, as you go under overpasses and the wind dies and suddenly comes back stronger.

Camping season is starting so the interstate can be a mess on Fridays and Sundays. Luckily there's no holiday. The Feds were adding a 3rd lane half way across the state but ran out of money a decade ago with the recession so only the first 60-70 miles or so is 3 lanes. Iowa has narrow lanes but they cleaned up Des Moines.

Also it's spring so set your comms to warn you if a Tornado springs up. It's early and cold for them to form, but you never know. Normally the bad storms come at night after a 90+ degree day sucking up Gulf of Mexico moisture. We're still getting stuff from Canada until the jet stream moves.

Just something to consider.

https://www.weather.gov/lbf/

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjeepman
My other one is ported banshee that’s way faster. Used to the solid axle. Have IRS on the utilities.

I ended up selling my quad because I couldn't ride it anymore and then bought a SXS that I couldn't drive after my amputation. Sold it to my neighbor who built me a walk in shower to replace my tub. So it all worked out.

Reactions: Irun and Apparition
A word of warning to anyone that's coming through on I-80 in Nebraska. Check the wind forecast.

Today the winds are mearly 25 mph west to east with 35 mph gusts. It's a breezy day. Not windy, just barely in the red flag fire danger range. My neighbor got back from a trip and the group almost stopped for the night rather than continue fighting wind and traffic. They had to make an extra fuel stop because of the winds. It can blow you out of your lanes, or the trucks around you, as you go under overpasses and the wind dies and suddenly comes back stronger.

Camping season is starting so the interstate can be a mess on Fridays and Sundays. Luckily there's no holiday. The Feds were adding a 3rd lane half way across the state but ran out of money a decade ago with the recession so only the first 60-70 miles or so is 3 lanes. Iowa has narrow lanes but they cleaned up Des Moines.

Also it's spring so set your comms to warn you if a Tornado springs up. It's early and cold for them to form, but you never know. Normally the bad storms come at night after a 90+ degree day sucking up Gulf of Mexico moisture. We're still getting stuff from Canada until the jet stream moves.

Just something to consider.

https://www.weather.gov/lbf/

I remember NE oversize permits had a curfew during football season in Omaha and Lincoln. Had to be off the road by noon on saturdays.

Reactions: InOmaha
Not just rocks, big ones and with a high level of frequency and accuracy. In our newfound relationship where I only say positive things about you, you aren't big enough to hit.
What's the deal with the swayloc, or is it just him touching the rig after all your work on it?

Tonight I looked in the garage. It's full of house crap as they are staging the remodel. Rain, so no winch work. I got a tracking number for parts.

It's like being out in the Jeep. Only in my mind.

Reactions: Apparition
I'm sad and glad I didn't sign up. My trip got moved from the 19th to the 21st. Now pushed back further. So I would have found out today, I had to cancel.

It seems the only time I'd be free is when it's 100+ temps there. Bummer.

Reactions: Wildman