Tear down, in for a penny in for a pound

chris angel 81

IMG_6174.JPG
IMG_6173.JPG
IMG_6164.JPG
IMG_6165.JPG
So earlier today I posted pics of Jeeps body at the body shop (salon) I figured I would post some of what is left in our shop...We were going to leave the firewall/dash until the fresh tub gets home. Were do we stop?? Answer at the bare frame, balls out, took lots of pics of what is left of him tonight and we are going to strip him the rest of the way, by next weekend he should be 4 tires, 2 axles and not much else. I figure there are so many amazing people here on the TJ group to help and advise if we get stumped :) And if we get really really stumped some might come over, drink our beer and tell us were we are doing wrong. Any advise is more than welcome, thanks folks.

Holy hell, that's some frame rust! I assume you're doing a ground up restoration?

Oh ya, my body shop has use of a new sandblaster that uses water, glass and a rust inhibitor, he is gonna blast it down to the shiny parts :) then my son is gonna Line-X the whole frame,, surface rust only, the frame is remarkably solid. Trust me here in Ontario Canada with all the salt they use on the roads this IS a good frame lol. We'll post some more pics once the frame is down to just axles and wheels.

Reactions: Chris
Been there done that. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am! The building that is.

What year is this rig?

Its a 1998, 4 banger 5 speed, I've heard they are not to great on power but a friend of mine told me they are almost as indestructible as the old Chrysler slant sixes. This is NOT for rock crawling or serious 4 wheelin, just winter couples therapy for my wife and I...We kinda do this sort of stuff together, a few years ago we turned my 2000 HD softail into a bike that looks like a '43 Indian before Polaris started making Indians again, and our last project was restoring a 1981 Airstream motorhome. Its just fun and something we enjoy doing together.

Reactions: Stinger
At least you're doing it right. I had no idea they salted the roads in Canada. Oh how I hate salt...