Technically your LJ is really a TJ Unlimited

Let's not do an LJ subforum. Chris would probably give it a name like "TJU General Discussion." No self respecting LJ owner would ever visit. ;)

Agreed lol.

I own an LJ not a TJLULWB. Arguments for both sides are moot. The LJ, by whatever means it came to be, is what the 04-06 unlimited is called. Doesn’t matter if it’s official/unofficial, not on a part number, a slang term, stamped or not....LJ forever!

Last edited:
LJ may not be an official name but it is widely used by many companies including Savvy ;)
https://savvyoffroad.com/product/rkr-base-lj/

LJ.jpg

Reactions: WmGardner
Its good business to be able to easily communicate to your customers. :)
Very much that. We recognize the slang term for the vehicle and just like a Beemer, if you use the term LJ, we all know what is being discussed and parts ordered for. Just like Beemer though, it is not an official designation, it is just a nickname and there's nothing wrong with that.

Very much that. We recognize the slang term for the vehicle and just like a Beemer, if you use the term LJ, we all know what is being discussed and parts ordered for. Just like Beemer though, it is not an official designation, it is just a nickname and there's nothing wrong with that.

This reminds me of a funny/tragic story from when I was about 10 years old. I had recently made friends with Danny and wanted to invite him over to play. I called his house, a woman answers, I introduce myself and ask if Danny can come over to play. She responds to me tersely saying that no one named Danny lives here and abruptly hangs up. I am left confused and sad.

Some time later, maybe at a birthday party, my mother asks his mother about Danny. Her response to my mother is that her son's name is Daniel. Of course we all knew Danny was running around outside, despite what Daniel's mother wanted to believe.

Last edited:
Oh well in that case, why not an X, Sport, Rubicon, RME, Willys, and an SE subforum? Or, how about we just all know and understand that they are TJ's and with the exception of a few longer parts, are in fact identical to all other TJ's of the same genre because they are in fact, a TJ and if you cut all of them off right behind the door opening, you simply can't tell the difference.
Except for the word "unlimited" just in front of the door ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: John E Lane
Oh well in that case, why not an X, Sport, Rubicon, RME, Willys, and an SE subforum? Or, how about we just all know and understand that they are TJ's and with the exception of a few longer parts, are in fact identical to all other TJ's of the same genre because they are in fact, a TJ and if you cut all of them off right behind the door opening, you simply can't tell the difference.

I maybe wrong but I believe the JKU is also Identical to te JK if you were to cut it right behind the door opening

Reactions: John E Lane
Different gas tank as well, and if I remember the cage has some extra bars.

Odd, did you take em off? I've never seen one up here without em unless the owner specifically removed em.

Not removed. The Rubicon Sahara doesn't have the Unlimited sticker. I guess to clarify my point about them being identical from the back of the door opening forward I should have specified without paint or stickers.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Not removed. The Rubicon Sahara doesn't have the Unlimited sticker. I guess to clarify my point about them being identical from the back of the door opening forward I should have specified without paint or stickers.

+1, it was probably too busy with all the other stickers going on!

Reactions: WmGardner
Ahh that makes sense, I don't think I've ever seen one up here, for all I know we never got em.