Technically your LJ is really a TJ Unlimited

Hmm got any numbers for Khaki Rubicons in 06? I wonder how unique mine is. LOL I like it, although entry to the rear still isn't that dignified.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

A guy on the FB group LJ Nation reached out to Jeep and was able to get the colors and numbers produced for the LJs production run. So for 06 Khaki Rubicons from Canada.... 36! Wow, pretty low number considering in the US they produced 1285 in 2006.

A guy on the FB group LJ Nation reached out to Jeep and was able to get the colors and numbers produced for the LJs production run. So for 06 Khaki Rubicons from Canada.... 36! Wow, pretty low number considering in the US they produced 1285 in 2006.
Nice drop that number even more when you consider it's an auto and the fact that it was the last TJ on the lot the guy could find as he didn't like the JK and I bet I have one of the last ones sold in the country.

Oh well in that case, why not an X, Sport, Rubicon, RME, Willys, and an SE subforum? Or, how about we just all know and understand that they are TJ's and with the exception of a few longer parts, are in fact identical to all other TJ's of the same genre because they are in fact, a TJ and if you cut all of them off right behind the door opening, you simply can't tell the difference.

I'm down for a SE sub. Gonna be pretty small though, I think there are only 3-4 of us here :D

Reactions: John E Lane
The SE has bean counter stink all over it. The engineers all wanted to do the Rubicon...Accounting and Marketing is who said we need a stripped down 4 cylinder for the "mass market"
Exactly how "stripped down" is an SE? I always assumed it meant the base engine was the 4-popper, but that was about the only difference. So, like a/c was not an option, or something? It's not like everything else came with power windows, power door locks, and power seats. What else could they omit that the other trim packages have?

Try and order a part from a dealer that isn't familiar with the slang term and even if they are, have them turn the screen around so you can see how they select the difference parts for SWB and LWB. There is no LJ involved whatsoever.

Not a “chassis code” because it wasn’t used in marketing material? You realize that is assbackwards, right? Engineering makes the product, marketing then figures out how to sell it.

It was marketed as TJ-LWB outside the US, maybe it should be called that? ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLU for the win! That’s what I’m calling it at least :risas3:

I really hope you are not serious. It sounds like a case of JKU envy to me. Just go buy one of those and quit trying to launch a one-man campaign against a whole community that has used a term for a decade and a half.

Odd, did you take em off? I've never seen one up here without em unless the owner specifically removed em.

Mine are covered by my rocker guards (Warrior). When I repaint, eventually, I won’t be re-adding that sticker either.

Exactly how "stripped down" is an SE? I always assumed it meant the base engine was the 4-popper, but that was about the only difference. So, like a/c was not an option, or something? It's not like everything else came with power windows, power door locks, and power seats. What else could they omit that the other trim packages have?

Just going from memory here (bought my TJ 17 yrs ago), finding to old brochures online would give you better answers:
Smallest engine, smallest axles, smallest wheels, no fog lights, no cruise, no AC, no hardtop, no LSD/lockers..... seems like there was something else it was missing too though.

SE: Standard Edition...? I know SE could be Sports Edition on some cars but since there is already a Sport that would be my guess on a game show.

@Chris, TLU?? o_O Seriously? Where do I send back my WranglerTJForum.com sticker and apply for a refund??? :mad:

It's an LJ. Officially or unofficially, it has become Jeep vernacular.
I think you've had too much fun this Memorial Day.... :drink9:

Unbelievable... WOW

I was being sarcastic!!! :risas3:

Reactions: John E Lane
I really hope you are not serious. It sounds like a case of JKU envy to me. Just go buy one of those and quit trying to launch a one-man campaign against a whole community that has used a term for a decade and a half.

You do realize I was being sarcastic... don’t you? :risas3:

SE: Standard Edition...? I know SE could be Sports Edition on some cars but since there is already a Sport that would be my guess on a game show.

On most vehicles SE stands for Special Edition I always figured. In the case of the Wrangler though, I’m going to have to assume it meant “Standard”.

I'm not sure where there is a place to be offended. TLU doesn't translate into anything coherent, so clearly it was a joke given its context in the discussion.