Tennessee Red

I watched probably 2 hours of your videos the other night. Damn I’d love to go to hawk pride but it’s about 4 hours from here and I’ve got finals next week. Was itching to get out in the woods somewhere.

The last 3 or 4 trips, I have taken the gopro but then forgot to pull it out. Hell, I never even pull out my phone to take a photo. I will have to try and get back into the habit of actually hooking up the go pro and hitting record.

Reactions: Wildman and TRE3TOP
Well I got an email from the Tire Vendor saying that they were cancelling my MT tire order because they are on national backorder?!? I was able to find a Cooper STT Pro which should be in Friday. I guess we will just wait and see. Either way, I am wheeling on Saturday since I already got the spare off my neighbors TJ. Good to have neighbors with 35's on 5x4.5 wheel pattern!

Reactions: Wildman and TRE3TOP
The last 3 or 4 trips, I have taken the gopro but then forgot to pull it out. Hell, I never even pull out my phone to take a photo. I will have to try and get back into the habit of actually hooking up the go pro and hitting record.

I’d enjoyed watching a lot of your stuff because also having a tj on 35s, it’s much easier to get an idea of the trail and if I could do it as well.

Reactions: gasiorv
New tire came in today just in time to go to Hawk Pride tomorrow.

Don't tell anyone I used a high lift, I know they are supposed to just sit in the corner:
PXL_20220610_232736619.jpg

Then I turned this:
PXL_20220610_212022318.jpg

Into this:
PXL_20220610_213930518.jpg

Next week I am going to patch that Mickey and remount it. I know your not supposed to patch a sidewall, but the slit is only about an inch long and this Jeep is primarily only used for OffRoad. Tire is too expensive not to try and save it.

Don't tell anyone I used a high lift, I know they are supposed to just sit in the corner:
View attachment 336281

Then I turned this:
View attachment 336282

Into this:
View attachment 336283

Next week I am going to patch that Mickey and remount it. I know your not supposed to patch a sidewall, but the slit is only about an inch long and this Jeep is primarily only used for OffRoad. Tire is too expensive not to try and save it.

As long as you wear a cup you should be ok. Unless you don’t mind becoming a Vicky.

You just have to be smarter than the jack.;) I had to change a tire after the last time we went to HP. I have changed a lot of tires, but that was the first mud tire. I don't look forward to doing it again.

You just have to be smarter than the jack.;) I had to change a tire after the last time we went to HP. I have changed a lot of tires, but that was the first mud tire. I don't look forward to doing it again.

Yeah, I remember it went flat at the end of the day and you put on the spare on in the parking lot before heading out.

View attachment 336281

Then I turned this:
View attachment 336282

Into this:
View attachment 336283

If you find a tire shop that does 18 wheeler repairs they can vulcanize it after you patch it and stick it in their oven. That what I did to two of mine and one of them is on the Jeep and drives fine.

Man after watching a bunch of your videos from hot springs, and then watching the latest GAC video… you kinda made them look bitchmade.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Did you watch this one?

Yeah that’s specifically the one I’m speaking of. I usually like most of their videos, even though I think Nic and his Grdloc are kinda clown shoes, but this one was kinda weak. Everyone whining about traction and getting stuck, not a lot of good content IMO.

• Haha
Yeah that’s specifically the one I’m speaking of. I usually like most of their videos, even though I think Nic and his Grdloc are kinda clown shoes, but this one was kinda weak. Everyone whining about traction and getting stuck, not a lot of good content IMO.

Heavy throttle is their solution to everything.

Heavy throttle is their solution to everything.

I guess heavy rigs need heavy throttle. Grdloc is a fucking 6000 lb boat anchor. Doesn’t help his suspension geometry is awful and he’s on 1500 lbs worth of non sticky tires… but it’s for the ‘gram yo!

• Haha
Man after watching a bunch of your videos from hot springs, and then watching the latest GAC video… you kinda made them look bitchmade.

I haven't watched it yet (not sure I will) but a friend of mine is quoted as saying "the alternate line should get best supporting actor".

If they complained about no traction (driest weekend in a long time and I actually crawled the slab on Ingrid's), they definitely need to turn around and head west.

I haven't watched it yet (not sure I will) but a friend of mine is quoted as saying "the alternate line should get best supporting actor".

If they complained about no traction (driest weekend in a long time and I actually crawled the slab on Ingrid's), they definitely need to turn around and head west.

I kinda thought the same thing about GAC after hitting up Badlands last month. I guess high rev'ing v8's and tire smoke on rocks gets clicks?

Last edited:
Reactions: TRE3TOP
We had a great day of wheeling at Hawk Pride. Hawk Pride was a little more muddy and slick than I like, but the TJ did great. There are great days or wheeling and good days of wheeling, and this was definitely a great day with me picking good lines and the TJ performing Zen like.

We ran a bunch of trails and were pretty much moving the whole time. I was leading and there is no pictures/videos of my jeep, but I did walk back a few times and get some videos of the others.

5 rigs
Me- TJ on 35's
Samurai on 37's
JKU on 40s (well built)
JKU on 39s
JKU on big ass Pit Bull Rockers but probably isn't built the best

We ran the following:
Fatty's Way
Up Hills Both Ways
Lower Ditch
Lucky's (starting behind the pole barn)
Wild Winena
Bacon
Lower/Middle/Upper Brokefoot (we took the hard left line at the top of Upper Brokefoot)
Ol' 22
Merlin (My TJ performed awesome going up Merlin, I was very happy with it and it was the easiest run I ever had on Merlin)
Timber Rattler (The JKUs left at end of Timber Rattler and Samurai and I went back to finish the "Top Gun" trails)
Eastern Diamondback
Ghost Rider
Goose (Goose continues to have my number and I got high centered and had to be pulled off a boulder, I somehow manager to break or need to winch on this trail, talk to me Goose!)
Maverick

Sunday morning I powerwashed the TJ and then Tonya and I went to grab a beer at a local brewery and I ran out of gas 1/2 mile after leaving my house, so I guess we quit wheeling right in time!! I ran back to house and grabbed a gas can, my neighbor actually picked me up as I was walking back to the jeep so it was perfect time/place to run out.

Great trip and video, Vic. I loved "Bump it from there!" like 10 feet from the obstacle... :)

Reactions: gasiorv