Tera Low 4:1 NP231 transfer case

Status
Not open for further replies.

masnottuh

Supporting Member
Price
$900
NP231 with tera-low 4:1 kit dirty but otherwise in good working order.
I don't need it as I already have a rubicrawler.
23 spline input, long shaft, will work with the auto trans. Would need to swap input shafts to use with the manual ax-15 trans.

Ill let it go for $900 + shipping to a forum member only.
Im in NV if you can pick up instead.
Otherwise, Ill crate it up and probably can ship for around

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
I have one and love it. My only fear is something breaking. So far though, driving within its prescribed limits, it’s awesome.

I have one and love it. My only fear is something breaking. So far though, driving within its prescribed limits, it’s awesome.

That's the thing that would stop me from buying one. I had one that had issues and was a complete mess with zero parts availability. It hurt to scrap it but when they come apart they come apart

Reactions: JMT
Planetary gears cant handle more than 2500 RPMs, right? I think that is what I remember about the TerraLow. I've only seen a few 231s for sale over the years with the TL installed, and based on what I think those sold for, this is a pretty good deal

yup you cant put the jeep in 4low and then cycle through gears on the trans to get speed like some people do.
teraflex specifically warned against doing this, as long as you just pop it out of 4 low when you need to drive faster they are good little units

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
So tempting. But what about the rear driveshaft? Grrrrrr.

Buy it as a spare....way cheaper than a 241OR! ;)

I thought about it.
Planetary gears cant handle more than 2500 RPMs, right? I think that is what I remember about the TerraLow. I've only seen a few 231s for sale over the years with the TL installed, and based on what I think those sold for, this is a pretty good deal

For the record:

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 3.12.53 PM.png

Good unit. I regularly hit 2750-3000rpm in 1st or 2nd gear, though I don't stay there for extended periods of time.

Reactions: tworley and Wildman
Buy it as a spare....way cheaper than a 241OR! ;)

If I blow this thing I'm going to figure out how to get an Atlas to fit under there! I hope I don't though. I'm happy with the Tera 4 Low.

Reactions: tworley and Irun
Status
Not open for further replies.