Teraflex free spin bearing went out at 60 mph

I can’t imagine tackling a swap , I realize there are guys out there that aren’t intimidated. We have a top notch LS guru out here, lives out in the sticks a little, has a dyno, and he is the man for those.

I've never done either one but a swap is less intimidating to me than the kind of suspension work that people like Blaine and Kishpaugh do on the daily. I think it's just that what I do for work has conditioned me to be able to visualize electrical circuits much more easily than a set of articulating suspension links.

I can’t imagine tackling a swap , I realize there are guys out there that aren’t intimidated. We have a top notch LS guru out here, lives out in the sticks a little, has a dyno, and he is the man for those.

I had a supercharger for my 4 cyl but was looking for a Dakota bellhousing to swap to a AX15 from my AX5 when I called the shop that did my swap. Of course he recommended I do the V-8 swap over the supercharger. I was only about 6-8 months from being able to walk again so I didn't feel like I could handle the engine swap. He'd sent me TONS of pictures of his swaps and put me in contact with customers so I felt pretty good about it.

But that wasn't how it worked out. His swaps he'd done that he'd sent me pictures looked nothing like what my engine bay did.
So that is part of what I hope to be doing during this current rebuild is clean up the stuff that wasn't done well and redo a bunch of stuff too. I'm going to build a new wiring harness because I was having tons of issues with the original one. I've got all new loom to put the wires into & I'm going to shorten wires to make it a better fit also. I have a Dodge truck harness and a Jeep TJ harness that I bought to just start over with.

And I just picked up a used AiRock kit from someone who took it off their TJ so I have spare parts for that now too.

You've got a project in front of you but from the pictures and what you've shared about it I think it's a good base to build off of.

I had a supercharger for my 4 cyl but was looking for a Dakota bellhousing to swap to a AX15 from my AX5 when I called the shop that did my swap. Of course he recommended I do the V-8 swap over the supercharger. I was only about 6-8 months from being able to walk again so I didn't feel like I could handle the engine swap. He'd sent me TONS of pictures of his swaps and put me in contact with customers so I felt pretty good about it.

But that wasn't how it worked out. His swaps he'd done that he'd sent me pictures looked nothing like what my engine bay did.
So that is part of what I hope to be doing during this current rebuild is clean up the stuff that wasn't done well and redo a bunch of stuff too. I'm going to build a new wiring harness because I was having tons of issues with the original one. I've got all new loom to put the wires into & I'm going to shorten wires to make it a better fit also. I have a Dodge truck harness and a Jeep TJ harness that I bought to just start over with.

And I just picked up a used AiRock kit from someone who took it off their TJ so I have spare parts for that now too.

You've got a project in front of you but from the pictures and what you've shared about it I think it's a good base to build off of.
Thanks, and that’s what I was looking for ...I knew as soon as I drove it it needed redone, and that was fine, the real cost to me was low.

Update: hub off - carnage. Parts literally falling out...molten metal, bearing parts, etc.

I have it as far as I can go until I get the pronged socket to remove the spindle nut.

It will be nice if the stub axle is good, but who knows.

keep ya posted.

Update: hub off - carnage. Parts literally falling out...molten metal, bearing parts, etc.

I have it as far as I can go until I get the pronged socket to remove the spindle nut.

It will be nice if the stub axle is good, but who knows.

keep ya posted.

Is the spindle OK? This doesn't sound good but I hope there isn't too much damage.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Is the spindle OK? This doesn't sound good but I hope there isn't too much damage.
I cant evaluate it til i get the nut off, tryinf to fifure out the right size spindle nut socket ...any ideas?

Which type of nuts do you have?

1620671470806.png

1620671503101.png

1620671566025.png

It’s the top one , im going to get it the rest of the way apart in an hour or so.

thanks , View attachment 251377

Hehehe,
I couldn't find mine so had to go to town and buy another one. And guess what? 3 hours later I found my first one. So now I guess I got one to carry in the Jeep and one for my toolbox.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Hehehe,
I couldn't find mine so had to go to town and buy another one. And guess what? 3 hours later I found my first one. So now I guess I got one to carry in the Jeep and one for my toolbox.
Man everytime!!! Or I can loan something i havent used in 3 years and I need it the next day.

Man everytime!!! Or I can loan something i havent used in 3 years and I need it the next day.
You're a rank fucking amateur. I can throw away something I've been moving around and trying to keep track of for 10 years. I will need it within 24 hours of doing so. And, I will need it badly enough to have to go buy one.

You're a rank fucking amateur. I can throw away something I've been moving around and trying to keep track of for 10 years. I will need it within 24 hours of doing so. And, I will need it badly enough to have to go buy one.
Yep- Welcome to my world. Crap piles up, Chunk it and man you need it bad.

Beats me the what law is at work. I hate clutter and at the same time I hate to chunk stuff that I know will solve a problem.

While we are at it, I really hate buying stuff I already own because people cant’t work consciously enough to put things where they go.

Yep- Welcome to my world. Crap piles up, Chunk it and man you need it bad.

Beats me the what law is at work. I hate clutter and at the same time I hate to chunk stuff that I know will solve a problem.

While we are at it, I really hate buying stuff I already own because people cant’t work consciously enough to put things where they go.
I have far too much clutter and I despise it. The only thing that keeps it around is just how many times I've been burned throwing away stuff only to need it in short order.