Test drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee today

mattyice2

TJ Enthusiast
I was fully intent on buying a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee today. The Jeep itself was really nice, but I didn't like the drive for a strange reason. I did not like the slanted windshield. I like our TJ windshields. Forget them aerodynamics! This happen to anybody else?

I bought my wife an 04' so I can't complain. I might lift it and take it back from her. 🤫 I like the heavy, stable ride. Much better in snow too.
WJ new 2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got rid of my wife's 2007 Grand Cherokee last year. The WK (2004-2010) has a bunch of electrical gremlins. Struggled for years with ABS, 4WD HI/LOW switch, Lights, and Radio faults. The V8 pulled great. They are on my do not purchase again list. WJ if I can find a decent one is on the short list for my son's first vehicle.

Traded in the Wife's old 06 WK last year (I was using it as my daily driver at the time) to upgrade her to a 2020 Grand Cherokee.

Our 06 was a base model but served us well over the years. At 150k, it was starting to make some harder shifts that had me worried it was going to need work so we went with the upgrade.

I had a minty 2004 Overland WJ that I really liked.

I sold it because I also had a new Ford Ranger that did everything the WJ did but did it better with more power and better MPG.

After hemming and hawing for a long time, I decided I wanted a TJ for a fun vehicle and here I am.

My WJ, which I do miss. The 4.7 HO was pretty fun to drive.

Red Jeep.png

Reactions: TWiG01