Texas Texas requirements for fender flares?

Ramrod

Does anyone know if I have to have fender flairs on in order to have it inspected?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check google.
91dfc6c166335a9437958e14c5b7dbca.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply! I also just got off the phone with the inspection station who confirmed only dually type or commercial vehicles are required to have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT and Chris
You should be good to go. The laws are pretty relaxed in that respect here.

Why do you want to remove them? If you’re trying to get more clearance for bigger tires, that won’t help. The fenders are your limiting factor. The flares are designed to flex due to tire contact.

You should be good to go. The laws are pretty relaxed in that respect here.

Why do you want to remove them? If you’re trying to get more clearance for bigger tires, that won’t help. The fenders are your limiting factor. The flares are designed to flex due to tire contact.
and besides that you will have more crap come up onto (and into) your rig.

Mine too once.. I was repainting them and didn't think twice about going and getting it inspected. I had all 4 of them off and nobody said anything.

Sec. 547.606. SAFETY GUARDS OR FLAPS REQUIRED. (a) A road tractor, truck, trailer, truck-tractor in combination with a semitrailer, or semitrailer in combination with a towing vehicle that has at least four tires or at least two super single tires on the rearmost axle of the vehicle or the rearmost vehicle in the combination shall be equipped with safety guards or flaps that:
(1) are of a type prescribed by the department; and
(2) are located and suspended behind the rearmost wheels of the vehicle or the rearmost vehicle in the combination within eight inches of the surface of the highway.
(b) This section does not apply to a truck-tractor operated alone or a pole trailer.
(c) In this section, "super single tire" means a wide-base, single tire that may be used in place of two standard tires on the same axle.

Long story short, y’all are fine.