Texas ride pics and videos

TJ Hunnicutt

Lord of Flatulence
Supporting Member
Figured I'd make a thread for ride pictures and videos here in Texas. We have a "Texas Jeepers!" thread but it seemed to me to that a great many members might not be following that thread and one dedicated to just the shots and vids from our Texas rides might have a pretty broad appeal.

Anyone who has vids or pics from the ride in this first post or any other Texas ride, please post them here for all to enjoy!

Below, I am re-posting the vids I shot on our ride at Wolfe Caves on 11/08/2020:

Here's the white JLU Rubicon (sorry, I forget the name of the guy that drove it) making the climb. He was the first to attempt it and discovered that the two parallel cracks were exactly the same distance apart as his Jeep's track and that, when stuck between a big rock and two wheel-eating cracks, you just gotta push harder...which he did.

@b0xcar was up next on the "double-crack" climb. Makes it look easy!

Then it was @Bob in Texas' turn in his nicely built LJ. Gotta love where he put the Wolfe Caves use tag (front bumper)...looks like a toe tag! Fortunately, that was not prophetic ;) and both he and his LJ survived the outing mostly unscathed.
Note the full-length rock sliders...we will be seeing those in action in a later video down "The Chute".

Then, @Tldelaney blasts up the climb in his nearly stock, nearly pristine Sahara. Stay the hell out of this man's way! 👏

...and then it was my turn! 😨 Pretty sure I still have half the enamel on my teeth...maybe 😬
Thanks again to @b0xcar for the excellent spotting!
And thanks to Wade for the footage!

Speaking of Wade, he was our final contestant on "who wants to ride between the cracks?" ;) And a fine job he did; lockers, we don't need no stinking lockers!

Here's my climb as seen from the driver's seat...

Just for continuity, I'll put up the descents by the white JLUR and Bob down what I christened "The Chute" in the next post.

A bit later, we came across an obstacle I have decided to call "The Chute" for lack of anything better. This run is much steeper than it appears in the videos and the tight turn at the top makes for some nail-biting moments, not to mention some serious testing of your rock sliders as it is not only a 90-degree turn, but also really steep. After that, it's just a matter of traversing some four foot boulders and a tight squeeze or two down a steep descent...piece of cake. o_O

I wish I could remember this guy's name 'cause he was absolutely up for any challenge and was, as with the double-crack climb, first in line to take it on...in this case, one of only two willing to do so.

@Bob in Texas was the only other one in our group to take on "The Chute". Nicely done; no blood or anything! :D

Transferring some more pics from the Texas Jeepers thread. Here are some shots from our WC trip by @Tldelaney. Nice shots! I'm particularly fond of the last one ;)

1607575302545.png

1607575325063.png

1607575350760.png

1607575378171.png

1607575408642.png

1607575435781.png

1607575268925.png

Looks like you guys have some decent rock crawling in Texas too!

That's awesome.

Thanks for taking me back. I miss the hill country. Is Katemcy still open?
It’s still open certain weekends each year. It’s the property adjacent to Wolf Caves. Wolf Caves has way more trails than Katemcy.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt