Thank you for the extra inch! Or thank you for telling me to turn my rear view mirror upside down!

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I feel like I've been posting alot of failures lately. LMAO! And I wanted to post something positive.

So here's to the guy(s) that posted about tall people turning their rearview mirrors upside down! That got me another inch of vertical view thru my windshield.

Which is at a premium when you're tall. Seems like I have to move my head around alot to see everything thru a windshield. And I'm always losing things in all the blind spots. And have always wished my rear view mirrors were mounted about two inches higher than they are. Turning the mirror upside down gets you an extra inch.

So that's very cool. And thank you! :) I can see the streetlight without scrunching my head and neck down. While simultaneously trying to look up.

I've done the flip from day one but I'm looking for a bracket (pic was posted on a forum) which mounts to the windshield frame for an even less obstructed view out the front.

Heres my solution.

That's what I did every time I drove my wife's ZJ or else it blocked my view. I had to reinstall it every time I got out so she could could use it. FWIW, I removed the allen set screw and replaced it with a 3/4 inch long allen cap screw so I could just use my fingers. My TJ mirror has digital compass and temperature so I just leave it there, luckily the TJ mirror is higher than the ZJ was.