Thank you Terraflex

kmas0n

I have no idea what I'm talking about
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
While wheeling today I spotted a JL rubicon parked, so like any good jeeper I went in to investigate and I saw something I had never seen before...

IMG_20191201_161843.jpg

Part number / free length / stack height / Spring rate.

Right there on the spring.

Honestly, was it that bad? did it hurt that much?
Thank you Terraflex.
Thank you.

Maybe they finally did it because people are starting to get keen to this sort of thing.

I looked it up. That is their 3.5" JL spring. The free length is in the same ballpark for a 3.5" TJ front coil, but on the lighter side. If that were installed on mine, I don't think it would lift above 3". Interesting to think that a big JL front is less heavy than my little TJ front with it's winch and tiny bumper.

Reactions: Chris
Maybe they finally did it because people are starting to get keen to this sort of thing.

There will be a whole new generation of people agonizing over rates and lengths. Thank you Teraflex. Thank you. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I looked it up. That is their 3.5" JL spring. The free length is in the same ballpark for a 3.5" TJ front coil, but on the lighter side. If that were installed on mine, I don't think it would lift above 3". Interesting to think that a big JL front is less heavy than my little TJ front with it's winch and tiny bumper.
Are the JL springs the same diameter as TJs?

Think these would be a viable option for a lower lift height with longer free lengths on a TJ?

With all that plastic up front on a JL, plus the cute little turbo'd 4 banger, I can see how it could be lighter than our tractor engine driven TJ's.

Are the JL springs the same diameter as TJs?

Think these would be a viable option for a lower lift height with longer free lengths on a TJ?

Last I read about JL coils, each corner is a different length and they key into their lower isolator in a certain way.

The coils for a jl on the rear are tapered and they have a different top and bottom hole size. Fronts are the same diameter and are about 1.5” taller than a stock tj coil. They also have a plastic bucket they fit in that positions the coil on the axle.