Thank you TJFest 2021

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I want to thank everyone we were able to meet and/or wheel with while in Moab, even those I met on the way that didn't get to make the trip. Julie and I had a fantastic time and met some really awesome people. And thanks to @Chris for making it all happen, really wanted to meet you in person, maybe next time.

We felt right at home with everyone and we hope that we can turn all you strangers that we knew only by a screen name into lifelong friends and future opportunities to meet up again.

It was great seeing so many rigs built many different ways take on the challenges of the trails. We may have winched or taken different lines but we all worked through the trails together helping, supporting, spotting, ribbing each other... Was really a great experience.

Thanks again for making it so enjoyable, it's going to be hard to top TJFest 2021.

I want to thank everyone we were able to meet and/or wheel with while in Moab, even those I met on the way that didn't get to make the trip. Julie and I had a fantastic time and met some really awesome people. And thanks to @Chris for making it all happen, really wanted to meet you in person, maybe next time.

We felt right at home with everyone and we hope that we can turn all you strangers that we knew only by a screen name into lifelong friends and future opportunities to meet up again.

It was great seeing so many rigs built many different ways take on the challenges of the trails. We may have winched or taken different lines but we all worked through the trails together helping, supporting, spotting, ribbing each other... Was really a great experience.

Thanks again for making it so enjoyable, it's going to be hard to top TJFest 2021.
Next year I'm just going to mail out business cards and lip balm to everyone before they get there. Saves them the trouble of getting my phone number from someone else for all the tech calls I got. It was almost as good as being there since I got so many.

edit- if it sounds like it bothered me, it did not, glad to help if I was able.

Next year I'm just going to mail out business cards and lip balm to everyone before they get there. Saves them the trouble of getting my phone number from someone else for all the tech calls I got. It was almost as good as being there since I got so many.
I wish I'd have had some of your lip balm with me, I've never had such issues with my lips as this trip. I didn't call you myself but I did keep telling people how you helped me out after I broke that piece. I can't say how much I appreciated it. Thanks again to you @mrblaine

I wish I'd have had some of your lip balm with me, I've never had such issues with my lips as this trip. I didn't call you myself but I did keep telling people how you helped me out after I broke that piece. I can't say how much I appreciated it. Thanks again to you @mrblaine
Lip balm is not an issue to supply to anyone who needs or wants it. We even have flavors. As for the piece, too many calls for me to remember that specific thing.

Definitely had a blast. I think everyone did really well too. I know I cant wait to go back with a jeep that is 100%

Also huge thanks to @ChevyKeith , a local who gave us an informative trip on Gold Spike, Poison Spider and Gold Bar. His passenger Don too who's wife ran to the auto parts store to pick up some parts for me. Never met him or his wife before but they went out of their way to lend a hand when I needed it. Wish we could have met several others

It was great seeing so many rigs built many different ways...

It was suggested to me, but neither of us acted upon it, but to set a time, like Wednesday at 5 or 6pm, to have a spot where anyone that was interested, could park their Jeep with all the other attendees and just walk around to check out the other rides. And meet people. But mainly see the other Jeeps, LOL. If someone was going with Team LJ, then all they would see would be the rides that went on that trail. Or (unofficial) Team Newb, the same.

It was suggested to me, but neither of us acted upon it, but to set a time, like Wednesday at 5 or 6pm, to have a spot where anyone that was interested, could park their Jeep with all the other attendees and just walk around to check out the other rides. And meet people. But mainly see the other Jeeps, LOL. If someone was going with Team LJ, then all they would see would be the rides that went on that trail. Or (unofficial) Team Newb, the same.
That would have been fun.

I think that was my idea... I like talking shop but I get nervous Jeeping with people who might be slow, I have four kids that might start complaining. Just for reference we've (my family) done PS GS GBR in 4.5 hours flat. One year we did Kane Creek in about 3 hours, so I signed up with the Jeep safari guys the next year... big mistake 10 hours later we got off the trail...

It was cool to see all the TJs in town I saw some really nice rigs leaving Saturday, apparently bronco fest was going on too (lots of broncos...). Thanks Chris for putting TJ Fest together maybe next year you can come.

edit- if it sounds like it bothered me, it did not, glad to help if I was able.
Waking you up on Sunday morning to help fix @starkey480's broken down junk was a highlight! 😂

Yep, thanks to all that had any sort of hand in putting this on, including @Chris of course, and @Apparition for putting together Team America and letting me follow him around for a week!

Also thanks to everyone I met who came a long ways to meet up... I truly enjoyed putting a face to names and Jeeps. Everyone I hit a trail with was pretty much awesome.

Not sure if I should thank or curse @NashvilleTJ though... He was great to wheel with and a great spotter etc... and I did like seeing that monster LJ of his in person/action... however, seeing it will most likely cost me mucho cash at some point in the future :D

Great thread @Apparition , it was a great week! We had a blast hanging out & meeting folks from the forum. Ours wasn't a 100% wheeling trip this time around because the wife & little kids were along. It was their vacation too so we spent plenty of time at the pool, going to the dinosaur museum, & shopping downtown (ugh).

It was still a great time, every time my kids were in the TJ they were on the lookout for other TJs & would shout when the saw one. I let them sit on my lap & steer around the KOA looking for other forum members & stopping to check out their rides.

They're already talking about next year (or possibly this fall, we're only 4 hours away)!