Thank you TJFest 2021

4000 miles through 8 different states; what else you got?

20210505_114509.jpg

He beat me to it, and I’ve never actually driven one on road but know that it’s something I’d like.

One thing to be aware of is that pretty much everything in the steering needs to be beefed up (mounts, bars, etc). With the traction we had in Moab someone even bent the Currie correct lync forcing a turn - probably something that experience with it will help avoid in the future.
Moab traction exposes a lot. Wheeling back in Arizona yesterday on a really tough trail and no hopping at all up super steep climbs and no lost beads 😅 Makes me realize why building for your environment is so important. Surface level it’s all climbing rocks but I would do a few things differently on my Jeep that work really well on my local trails but sucked in Moab. Like my auto lockers. Selectables would be king in Moab. Turning was a bitch!

Reactions: Alex01 and rasband
Moab traction exposes a lot. Wheeling back in Arizona yesterday on a really tough trail and no hopping at all up super steep climbs and no lost beads 😅 Makes me realize why building for your environment is so important. Surface level it’s all climbing rocks but I would do a few things differently on my Jeep that work really well on my local trails but sucked in Moab. Like my auto lockers. Selectables would be king in Moab. Turning was a bitch!
Say it with me now, hydro

Fully agree on building for your environment!

Turning really was, I would have likely done auto locker up front if I didn't have the rubi lockers already. But knowing what I know now, they'll be selectables since I intend to frequent Moab.

Fully agree on building for your environment!

Turning really was, I would have likely done auto locker up front if I didn't have the rubi lockers already. But knowing what I know now, they'll be selectables since I intend to frequent Moab.
Still hydro makes a huge difference, even if you turn off your selectable it's still likely locked if turning is an issue. With my hydro, you can notice a slight drag on the steering when locked otherwise you'd never know.

On an obstacle you'll need to remain locked and you'll still want to steer.

Reactions: rasband
Still hydro makes a huge difference, even if you turn off your selectable it's still likely locked if turning is an issue. With my hydro, you can notice a slight drag on the steering when locked otherwise you'd never know.

I didn't notice much issue turning on most obstacles as long as I was moving... when stopped or in a tight spot was a different thing, but no different then at home. Usually if an obstacle requires my front locker it's because one of the tires is losing enough traction that when locked it could slip some. Now I found I definitely had to disable the front immediately after the end of the obstacle or yeah, I'd be going straight :)

All that said, I've got all the hydro parts on order... 7-10 days they should be here :)

Reactions: Vasq and Apparition

Hydro for me is on the mid-term plan, probably by next season. I've got a big stack of parts in the garage for most the rest of the short/mid term projects!

Reactions: Apparition
Hydro for me is on the mid-term plan, probably by next season. I've got a big stack of parts in the garage for most the rest of the short/mid term projects!
The old parts stack, had my hydro for almost a year before installing it. Rear anti-rock is still in the box for like 3 years. I should do something about that.

Oh and a bunch of parts coming for next week to install too!!!

Reactions: rasband
I have a stack of parts that will be installed in the upcoming months, but they are not "forum approved" parts. So I will just install them in silence, paint them black, and watch everyone else winch from the top looking down.

I have a stack of parts that will be installed in the upcoming months, but they are not "forum approved" parts. So I will just install them in silence, paint them black, and watch everyone else winch from the top looking down.
Some are more picky than others.

I don't know what else you need, you went through Pritchett like it was nothing.

3" rubber bodyift?

• Haha
Reactions: D M
You fit right in with Team America :)

Reactions: Apparition
I’ll play the counter example, I felt like my
build wasn’t the limiting factor at all and I walked up a good number of things I didn’t expect to (many of which others struggled on) - so for the first time in a while I walked away thinking I’m pretty content with where I’m at (and the few upgrades sitting in my garage). My follow up list isn’t very much vs where I’ve been planning to go. And my build isn’t really all that special.
It's a very good feeling when you're rig exceeds your expectations. Last year I easily climbed a hill that most struggled with, and some bailed. When I loaded the jeep up on the trailer after wheeling, I had that same feeling. I wished I would have done some things a little differently, but was content with where the Jeep was. Now it's tweaking around the edges, until there's a significant reason to make a major change!

Reactions: D M and rasband
Next year I'm just going to mail out business cards and lip balm to everyone before they get there. Saves them the trouble of getting my phone number from someone else for all the tech calls I got. It was almost as good as being there since I got so many.

edit- if it sounds like it bothered me, it did not, glad to help if I was able.
Dino’s Jeep works great I hear it’s all thanks to you. Made a believer out of me. I’ve ordered-some parts from you and will order more later. Thank you for all you do.

Reactions: mrblaine