The 07-10 JK Interior: One of the worst interiors ever?

I'm not sure how many of you know, but from 2007-2010 the JK had an entirely different interior than the 2011-2018 models. The later model interiors are actually very good looking in my opinion. However, the earlier model interiors may just be one of the most awful looking "modern" interiors I've ever seen on a vehicle.

Case in point:

View attachment 99779

View attachment 99780

And compare that to the 2011-2018 interior:

View attachment 99781

View attachment 99782

I know this is an old thread but I’m so glad I’m not the only one. I always knew the 07-11 JK sucked because of the 3.8 but throw in the awful interior and lord… it really is the worst Jeep ever. I saw a JK topless the other day with the early interior and it reminded me of how bad they looked. I’m glad it’s been talked about on here.

Reactions: Canyon Man
I know this is an old thread but I’m so glad I’m not the only one. I always knew the 07-11 JK sucked because of the 3.8 but throw in the awful interior and lord… it really is the worst Jeep ever. I saw a JK topless the other day with the early interior and it reminded me of how bad they looked. I’m glad it’s been talked about on here.

The 2007-2011 JK is in my opinion a downgrade over a TJ for the most part.

Reactions: NKlekas
Holy crap that is bad. I didn't realize I'd never seen one before and just assumed it was consistent through the JK.

They all suck post-YJ. Looking at the comparison of early vs late JK, the early version looks more like the TJ, and it actually looks more modifiable than the late version to my eye. What the reality is, I have no idea. The JL dash - stupid screen notwithstanding - looks better than any TJ or JK dash (from the pix at least). I'd prefer a CJ dash, but would accept a YJ, stupid padding thing notwithstanding.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
The 2007-2011 JK is in my opinion a downgrade over a TJ for the most part.

100%. It goes to show when you compare prices for them too. If you took a 2006 TJ and say a 2009 JK, both two doors and same mileage…the TJ is more. Even the 4 Doors aren’t THAT much more. It’s hilarious

100%. It goes to show when you compare prices for them too. If you took a 2006 TJ and say a 2009 JK, both two doors and same mileage…the TJ is more. Even the 4 Doors aren’t THAT much more. It’s hilarious

I’ve noticed that as well. A 2007-2011 JK is going for less than most clean TJs in most cases. That speaks volumes.

It's funny that this thread exists. I have thought the same on my own for many years, 07-10 hands down being the worst. Pair that with the engine, poor transmissions, and awful gearing, and they were pretty much just awful vehicles. Good candidate for an engine swap I guess if you can tolerate the interior. But man, that interior is bad. I can't believe people buy them, especially people who have owned one before are in the know on Jeeps, still buying them. Big pieces of crap.

It's funny that this thread exists. I have thought the same on my own for many years, 07-10 hands down being the worst. Pair that with the engine, poor transmissions, and awful gearing, and they were pretty much just awful vehicles. Good candidate for an engine swap I guess if you can tolerate the interior. But man, that interior is bad. I can't believe people buy them, especially people who have owned one before are in the know on Jeeps, still buying them. Big pieces of crap.

I love Jeeps and don’t like to hate on them too much but yea…those early JKs with everything you mentioned just had nothing going for them.