The 07-10 JK Interior: One of the worst interiors ever?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm not sure how many of you know, but from 2007-2010 the JK had an entirely different interior than the 2011-2018 models. The later model interiors are actually very good looking in my opinion. However, the earlier model interiors may just be one of the most awful looking "modern" interiors I've ever seen on a vehicle.

Case in point:

2007_jeep_wrangler_2_dr_sahara-pic-64170-640x480.jpeg

75644.jpg

And compare that to the 2011-2018 interior:

79e6b9f211334913d81f72da47825eb8.jpg

2016_jeep_wrangler_dashboard.jpg

I agree, my roommate picked up a 2010 jk and I just feel like that interior was very dull. Much prefer the tj interior compared to those. But the newer models did fix it up quite well.

I agree, my roommate picked up a 2010 jk and I just feel like that interior was very dull. Much prefer the tj interior compared to those. But the newer models did fix it up quite well.

I prefer the TJ interior hands down over that cheap looking interior in the 07-11 models, no doubt.

That steering wheel is just such an eyesore.

I prefer the TJ interior hands down over that cheap looking interior in the 07-11 models, no doubt.

That steering wheel is just such an eyesore.

The steering wheel is the worst part in my opinion. Although the door panels are pretty awful too

The steering wheel is the worst part in my opinion. Although the door panels are pretty awful too

Also that center section with the radio and HVAC controls, it's just awful.

The whole thing just sort of makes me cringe.

I'm not sure how many of you know, but from 2007-2010 the JK had an entirely different interior than the 2011-2018 models. The later model interiors are actually very good looking in my opinion. However, the earlier model interiors may just be one of the most awful looking "modern" interiors I've ever seen on a vehicle.

Case in point:

View attachment 99779

View attachment 99780

And compare that to the 2011-208 interior:

View attachment 99781

View attachment 99782
Looks like a pt cruiser and a Nissan s-cargo had a baby. (For those of you who don’t know what an s-cargo is. Look it up)

• Haha
Reactions: ShredAZ and Chris
Jeep interiors have had may changes over the years. Some got better, some got worse.

The 60s and early CJ5:
2019-06-18 (3).png

The 70s and 80s CJ, better and one of my favorites:
2019-06-18 (4).png

The YJ. I always called it the Chrysler dashboard but AMC actually designed it:
2019-06-18 (2).png

We all know what the TJ dash looks like and Chris has posted both versions of the JK. While I'm not in love with any of them, I like the TJ dash the most of the bunch.

And I'm not sure why but I really am impressed with the JL dash:
2019-06-18.png

Reactions: Chris

Case in point:

View attachment 99779

View attachment 99780

And compare that to the 2011-2018 interior:

View attachment 99781

View attachment 99782
Somebody left a few color pellets out of the mix that day..... It looks like my 20 year old faded tan half door panels. Should blend right in in another 20 years haha.

Could be worse, the dash could crack and fall in like the dodge pickups of 94-2001 vintage.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Oh crap, haha. I just missed the penis pumps!

Those are inflatable lumbars, but I agree, they do look very cheesy!

Not having seen a JL dash, did they fix the JK issue of reversing the speedometer and the tachometer? The JK version was always weird.

Not having seen a JL dash, did they fix the JK issue of reversing the speedometer and the tachometer? The JK version was always weird.

The speedo and tach on my 2016 Rubicon is just fine.