The beginning of the end for the Cherokee nameplate

We’re headed towards the boring German way of naming models. With numbers
The horror.

Imagine if our beloved Jeeps were only known as "Civilian Jeep X" or, "CJ" for short. Who's gonna buy a "CJ-5"?!

Of course, over time they might have to come up with other letters with more ambiguity as to meaning... like YJ, TJ, LJ, MJ, XJ, etc.

What a horrible idea.

Good lord, this cancel culture bullshit is ridiculous.

Indian Motorcycles, are they next? 🤦🏻
I completely agree that cancel culture is getting out of hand, but for some reason this just doesn't seem that way. Plus, I dunno, Native Americans have been shit on for a long time.
Plus the chief sounded too polite to be triggered :LOL:

The horror.

Imagine if our beloved Jeeps were only known as "Civilian Jeep X" or, "CJ" for short. Who's gonna buy a "CJ-5"?!

Of course, over time they might have to come up with other letters with more ambiguity as to meaning... like YJ, TJ, LJ, MJ, XJ, etc.

What a horrible idea.
Most of them did have an actual name though. The later models at least.

Reactions: L J
Good lord, this cancel culture bullshit is ridiculous.

Indian Motorcycles, are they next? 🤦🏻

No, they'll retain the name. The branding and design cues will shift towards Indian subcontinent influences instead of native/indigenous American.

Most of them did have an actual name though. The later models at least.
You missed the point entirely my dude.

The names don't add anything. In fact they muddy the waters in my opinion. If I tell a guy I drive a Wrangler, that only narrows it down to 1 of 7 vehicles.

It's even worse with Cherokee's or grand cherokees

Reactions: pc1p
Chief Chuck needs to grow a pair. I’m a Renegade, so where do I file a cordial complaint requesting people to honor me by studying me and not just plaster my name on the side of a Jeep?

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting and L J
The names don't add anything. In fact they muddy the waters in my opinion.

Your opinion doesn't align with reality. The vast majority of vehicle models are named not numbered.

If I tell a guy I drive a Wrangler, that only narrows it down to 1 of 7 vehicles.

It's even worse with Cherokee's or grand cherokees.

If you tell most guys you drive a TJ (or any other), they're going to say "a what?".

Reactions: TWiG01 and PCO6