The Best Jeep Wrangler TJ Dome Light Modification for No Doors

Don't get me wrong, that's really cool, but pulling my #4 fuse is easy, take 5 seconds, and goes back in just as easily.

Thanks for sharing this though!
As long as it continues to operate properly I think it will be a good mod.. the way it's wired makes it easy to go back to OEM style quickly. I'll let y'all know if things don't work out for sure.

Reactions: Chris
That is WAY more complicated that what I did...I wired a cheap switch in to break the circuit. With the switch ON, the power flows through the #4 fuse like normal. With it OFF, it opens the circuit, and the dome light turns off. Just like pulling the fuse, but I don't have to pull the glovebox to do it.

#4 fuse pulled a year or more ago. Just turn them on by twisting the left turn signal knob. I use them a couple of times a week. Not understanding why anyone needs to go to great lengths.

#4 fuse pulled a year or more ago. Just turn them on by twisting the left turn signal knob. I use them a couple of times a week. Not understanding why anyone needs to go to great lengths.

I wired the switch in because my doors are in and off all the time. I'm also forgetful, so the headlight on chime is beneficial to me. :)

Well done mod, it may be unnecessary for some but still cool. Personally I run half doors so they are almost never off but I pulled fuse 4 anyway. That way when I walk back down the line of jeeps I'm guiding and leave the door open the lights arn't on and the chime isn't going because I left the key in the ignition. Excellent and well thought out dayly driver mod though.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I made a switch that breaks the circuit as well. Copied the design from one offered on quadratec. Everything is ran behind the dash and mounted to a 2-throw switch on the center console. Took maybe half an hour to make.

I made a switch that breaks the circuit as well. Copied the design from one offered on quadratec. Everything is ran behind the dash and mounted to a 2-throw switch on the center console. Took maybe half an hour to make.
Hi Tworley,

How/where did you splice into the circuit? Quadratec switch uses some pins that get inserted into the socket for fuse four.

Thanks,
Fonz

Hi Tworley,

How/where did you splice into the circuit? Quadratec switch uses some pins that get inserted into the socket for fuse four.

Thanks,
Fonz

I took a mini fuse apart and used its pins, I soldered wire on those pins to an inline fuse. From the inline fuse its wired to the switch. Literally what the quadratec version looks like but instead of having the switch near the door I mounted it next to the coin tray on the center console

if you do go this route, I used a M10-1 flange nut and ground it down about half way, as the nut to hold it secure. ha I dont have a 3D printer.