The best mods

Grey_Machine7.3

Acts like a mechanic
Supporting Member
It always seems to be that most of the mall crawlers like to brag about their "armor" or "light upgrades"
But it really seems to be reality that the BEST mods we can do to our tjs are all unseen by searching on the surface. Things like CA's, SYE's, regearing, that gastank hack up to19gallon capacity, & all that steering stuff. I was thinking about this earlier today, and thought to myself. I'm not going to spend another dime on crap for the outside of my jeep until I get everything under the skin the way I want it.

What are your thoughts on this?

I agree. I think the best mods are the ones under the surface.

I don't care for light bars or most of that bling, bling crap. Though I do like a nice set of wheels!

It’s one of those ‘to each his own’ things, but I do fall in your camp that the money oughta go where it helps performance rather than appearance, & some things do both; after almost 3 years of ownership I put my first mostly appearance related modification on in the form of a front bumper so it’s not an absolute rule for me. Some like to insist that ARB diff covers can only be added for appearance, I find that a silly charge. I guess they could be, but by no means necessarily.

It’s one of those ‘to each his own’ things, but I do fall in your camp that the money oughta go where it helps performance rather than appearance, & some things do both; after almost 3 years of ownership I put my first mostly appearance related modification on in the form of a front bumper so it’s not an absolute rule for me. Some like to insist that ARB diff covers can only be added for appearance, I find that a silly charge. I guess they could be, but by no means necessarily.
The only reason id do diff covers (cover) is because of that dumb Dana35 design with the stupid rubber plug with no dumb drain plug.
Dumb 😂

Reactions: jazngab
And thankfully someone else has already invested in all the bumper / tub armor / Nerf bars so I don't have to haha.
Honestly the only exterior thing I really want to get is a new tire carrier. Factory spare mount + 33inches of rubber = not very safe.

Yeah I agree. I'd rather have everything under the Jeep and under the hood good to go before putting money into the exterior or the creature comforts on the inside.

Reactions: derekmac
I think the best mod on mine is the raised RC skidplate I put on it. With all the deep ruts we have on a lot of the trails here, it's really nice being able to slide over the ground instead of digging into it.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
The only reason id do diff covers (cover) is because of that dumb Dana35 design with the stupid rubber plug with no dumb drain plug.
Dumb 😂

I have to disagree when you play in the rocks a diff cover is just another piece of armor to protect things that you need to get home

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_2141 (1).JPG