The dislike of solar yellow

Vernin1984

I just got a 99 TJ last month and it’s solar yellow it has been dogged on so badly by my friends and I’m just wondering why so many dislike the color.

It seems to be one of those love it or hate it colors…

I had a 1970 Dodge Dart that was FY1 Top Banana Yellow. People either loved it or hated it as well…

I’m just wondering why so many dislike the color.

Count me as one who dislikes yellow on a vehicle. I think only fast vehicles can pull it off, like crotch-rockets and Lamborghinis. Maybe they're just too fast for me to see the color. ;) But if you like a yellow Jeep, that's all that matters, no need to worry about us that don't.

Count me as one who dislikes yellow on a vehicle. I think only fast vehicles can pull it off, like crotch-rockets and Lamborghinis. Maybe they're just too fast for me to see the color. ;) But if you like a yellow Jeep, that's all that matters, no need to worry about us that don't.

You sure about that, buddy? :sneaky:

1669831945570.png

1669832008998.png

1669832119643.png

I bought my Solar Yellow LJ new off the lot - for about 20 grand. I bought it in early 2005, and it had sat on the lot for most of 2004. I am convinced that it sat there, and was a great deal, because of the color. For me it has always been a toy, so the color worked.

Yellow was one of the colors I was looking for right behind green....
Red and Blue was definitely not in the hunt. I see too many reds.

In high school I had a yellow '72 Camaro...maybe had an influence on me..;)

Yellow Jeeps look awesome. I wouldn’t want to own one but when I see one I think they look great. Can’t get away with any crimes cause they stick out like a sore toe.
Who ran that red light….the yellow Jeep