The dislike of solar yellow

Yellow is so subjective , to me some vehicle look right in yellow. And some vehicles are a stereotype in yellow.
I say do what color works for YOU !

HMN0219-BUG-05-3271255595.jpg

the-origins-and-applications-of-chromium_03-1024x614-2561763475.jpg

IMG_9353-1614581377.jpg

At one point I had a school bus yellow '62 GMC carryall to cart my 5 kids around in. We moved into a new neighborhood and my new neighbor's 5 year old wanted to know if that was the bus he was going to be riding to school in the fall.
Last time I ever had a yellow vehicle.
OTOH, I've had 2 black Jeeps, which is enough to convince me that if I ever get another one, it won't be black. Some sort of tanny, beige, dirt color would be perfect.

Reactions: Squatch
Might look at changing some of them friends.

I've had two friends with questionable, highly questionable choices in rig color. If they didn't expect massive amounts of ribbing, teasing, and shit talking over their choices from myself and the rest of their friends, then we are not good friends at all.

In case you were wondering, one was a color we consistently referred to as Barney Purple and the other was Gay Jade. Myself, I'd own either one just to irritate folks but that's just me.

I've had two friends with questionable, highly questionable choices in rig color. If they didn't expect massive amounts of ribbing, teasing, and shit talking over their choices from myself and the rest of their friends, then we are not good friends at all.

In case you were wondering, one was a color we consistently referred to as Barney Purple and the other was Gay Jade. Myself, I'd own either one just to irritate folks but that's just me.
I sold the ZR2 Blazer a few years ago, but still have the Vet.

Yellow Corvettet and Blazer ZR2.JPG

Reactions: TheGanzman
Some years ago I was looking for a specific car, at the time I knew an auto broker who said he would keep an eye open for me when he goes to the auctions. The one and only question he asked me was '' what colour do you not like''.—- Thinking what colour would the jeep have to be before I would not like/buy it.

I had a taxicab yellow Isuzu Vehicross for 5+ years - out of the 38 vehicles I've owned in 49 years, that one of the few that I really miss. One thing no one has mentioned yet that *I* really liked about it - it was SO easy to find in even the most crowded parking lot when you came back out of whatever store/event you were attending:
VXA.JPG

Some years ago I was looking for a specific car, at the time I knew an auto broker who said he would keep an eye open for me when he goes to the auctions. The one and only question he asked me was '' what colour do you not like''.—- Thinking what colour would the jeep have to be before I would not like/buy it.

And your answer was……?

OTOH, I've had 2 black Jeeps, which is enough to convince me that if I ever get another one, it won't be black.

Black looks good on a car when it's kept clean. Black is a bitch to keep clean. One daily driven black car was enough for me to not have another one that is daily driven and/or sits outside regularly.

Fully agree, I would have loved a green of khaki TJ...although I have to say I am loving my impact orange.

I purposely did not take any pictures of the pristine impact orange grill I just stripped all the paint off of to send out to get PR4 Flame Red powder coat.

• Wow
Reactions: cliffish
And your answer was……?

I didn't want brown or wierd colours like pink--This was 20 odd years ago and the car I was looking for was a 1996 seville -i ended up with a dark red with red vinyl roof, red leather. Some years later, the second seville, was white with white vinyl roof and blue leather.

When it come to a Jeep TJ. I think i would pick orange with tan/brown interior with tastefully done chrome addons, wheels,etc. Oh and when it come to Yellow TJ, I'd buy in a heartbeat, it's one of my favorites especially with chrome.

Yellow & white are my favorite TJ colors.
Black is my least favorite. Yup, I have black.

yep about ever 15 years I forget how bad black is to keep clean and what did I do? In 2017 bought the wife a black benz. I can spend 8 hours buffing it out and the next morning it is covered in yellow pollen or driven and it has spots all over.

• Sad
Reactions: MikekiM and Squatch