The dislike of solar yellow

Black is a bitch to keep clean.

Along with the dark blues, maroons, burgandies and even the dark greens. At least those dark greens go well with a perfect brown mud. Other mud, especially grey mud, not so much.

And white is also a bitch to keep clean, it shows just about everything on it except house dust.

My TJ is my second silver vehicle and the wife has had two others over the years. As much as I dislike (almost hate) silver vehicles, I've never considered color as a high point when buying a used car and I learned with our first silver car, a 2001 New Beetle TDI, that the silver somehow "hides" quite a bit of what really should be washed off.

Back to the topic of yellow. Here's my CJ5 back in the 90s painted with a local hardware store brand of Federal Safety Yellow.
aaa010.JPG

Along with the dark blues, maroons, burgandies and even the dark greens. At least those dark greens go well with a perfect brown mud. Other mud, especially grey mud, not so much.

And white is also a bitch to keep clean, it shows just about everything on it except house dust.

My TJ is my second silver vehicle and the wife has had two others over the years. As much as I dislike (almost hate) silver vehicles, I've never considered color as a high point when buying a used car and I learned with our first silver car, a 2001 New Beetle TDI, that the silver somehow "hides" quite a bit of what really should be washed off.

Back to the topic of yellow. Here's my CJ5 back in the 90s painted with a local hardware store brand of Federal Safety Yellow.
View attachment 380909

Don't let Bones see that. He already got more than a bit butthurt when I pointed out he painted his rig the same color as the guardrail on top of a dam in the background. All I did was notice the exact similarity between the rail and his rig and that was enough to trigger him into a perpetual case of the red ass.

That reminds me of a time a guy in high school painted (brush and roller) his blue truck with "CAT yellow" house paint from lowes, and it came out green with brush strokes everywhere. :LOL: He wasn't a very bright guy. Very much a stereotypical dirty-white-tank-top-and-jeans kind of redneck. Obviously, he didn’t pay attention in elementary school art class.

That reminds me of a time a guy in high school painted (brush and roller) his blue truck with "CAT yellow" house paint from lowes, and it came out green with brush strokes everywhere. :LOL: He wasn't a very bright guy. Very much a stereotypical dirty-white-tank-top-and-jeans kind of redneck. Obviously, he didn’t pay attention in elementary school art class.

Well I think I could have done better with a brush than he did but my dad is who painted that Jeep. He mixed the hardware store enamel with some automotive paint reducer and sprayed it in his far from clean workshop.

Reactions: ColoJeep and BlueC
We brush painted our '63 GMC 1 ton with RustOleum when I was a kid. It actually turned out looking pretty good. And you guessed it - it was school bus yellow!

There’s a yellow LJ for sale locally to me but I really really am tempted to buy to replace my TJ.
I love bright colors on cars. Would much rather have a yellow LJ than my khaki TJ - and I really like my TJ!

in the meantime I have a yellow Jeepster as my newest project vehicle.

83B52E04-B514-460B-A75B-0301C1902393.jpeg

There’s a yellow LJ for sale locally to me but I really really am tempted to buy to replace my TJ.
I love bright colors on cars. Would much rather have a yellow LJ than my khaki TJ - and I really like my TJ!

in the meantime I have a yellow Jeepster as my newest project vehicle.

View attachment 381049

khaki wasn’t my color of choice but, bone stock,clean and low mileage sold me.

Reactions: MikekiM
The color is called "school bus yellow", so you're not wrong!

once worked with a lady who had her son paint her 1970 something ford granada school bus yellow. you could spot that car from a mile away! yellow was what i was looking for when jeep shopping, khaki is what i came home with. i call it metallic dirt.

Reactions: MikekiM and Chris
It wasn't my first choice of color but the condition when I bought mine was unmatched to all of the others I was looking at.

Now? Who friggin cares? I see more here in WY than I ever did in CA for some reason, though. At least it'll be easier for Search & Rescue to find me.

Now purple...that's a color I loathe. But I could give a shit because it doesn't matter what someone else's color choice is. It's a matter of what you as the owner want or are willing to settle for.

I wonder if it was ever true that brighter colored cars had lower insurance premiums......

It wasn't my first choice of color but the condition when I bought mine was unmatched to all of the others I was looking at.

Now? Who friggin cares? I see more here in WY than I ever did in CA for some reason, though. At least it'll be easier for Search & Rescue to find me.

Now purple...that's a color I loathe. But I could give a shit because it doesn't matter what someone else's color choice is. It's a matter of what you as the owner want or are willing to settle for.

I wonder if it was ever true that brighter colored cars had lower insurance premiums......

I normally don't like purple on a car also, but on a Demon I could live with it!..lol

this-purple-2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-never-came-out-of-protective-plastic-144052_1-4263...jpg

We almost bought a purple R/T challenger for my wife in 2014. Price was too high and they wouldn’t budge. Got her a white Camaro with flat black rally stripes.