The EPA Wants To Make It Illegal to Modify Your Bike for Racing

Given the worlds concern with emissions be glad they let us compete, use engines for sport. When I was young all the cared about was having a muffler. Then leaded gas was outlawed. Then they banned 2 stroke engines. Now they expect every engine to be EPA compliant. Not a hope in hell of beating that.

But in competition all that counts is "being competitive". Keeping the "power" consistent across all participants. Hardly matters if they all have EPA systems or none have EPA systems. The most competitive driving I have ever done was driving semis thru out BC. I have never been on a more level playing field. Everyone has about 500HP. Everyone weighs about 130,000lbs. Everyone is governed around 65mph. The only way to get ahead, pass is by picking the correct gear in that 18speed transmission, by holding the speed just a wee bit longer into a corner, by reading the traffic and using that 3 lane as soon as it comes up.

It is not really over reach. It is the reality of climate change.

http://www.c2es.org/international/negotiations/cop21-paris/summary

The US signed on in Paris to reduce carbon emissions. Along with every other major industrial power.

Last edited:
Anthropomorphic Climate Change. Give me the chance to choose a small enough window into any data set...and I can prove anything. Let me "adjust" the numbers and it's a no-brainer. Why would I lend credence to any theory that has no predictive value and can't be independently reproduced? There are about four other climate theories out there that can do just that with greater or lesser predictive accuracy.

It's all about control and money, pure and simple. Bureaucrats and special interest groups would love nothing better than to herd us ALL into specially designed human enclaves where they can manage all of us to best meet their Utopian ideals. Throughout history lawmakers have made laws, bureaucrats have made and enforced rules, nosy neighbors have stuck their noses into other people's lives and everyone has tried to better their station in life. It's the human condition. Awhile ago I figured this out, and have pretty much erected my middle finger to the whole lot of "them" since.

Hell NONE of my STREET bikes were ever EPA or even DOT approved as far as emissions were concerned....my race bikes were barely over tech inspection standards for sound. I think at CMP I actually had to stuff the muffler on the TLR to meet the tracks max db level. I had 3 different race bikes that had shaved heads and required 118 fuel to even run.

"I love the smell of race fuel in the morning"

We should talk about the effect of methane gas produced from cows in regards to it's impact on the o-zone layer.

Automobiles don't even come close to that.

Best to keep on topic. CO2 is only a fraction of a percent of so called 'greenhouse gas'.

Real cause of the continual ice ages and thaws is THIS.

But for now, it boils down to the 'Useful Idiots' of Agenda 21, that 'heard it first' on CNN.

Climate change, ha. Let's charge the people for carbon credits, that way we can scourge more of their hard earned money (thats the world government speaking). Al Gore, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Reactions: Scott B.
People who think CO2 controls the climate need to stop breathing.

My track bike has a smaller CO2 footprint than the average overweight Marxist.