The first thing to get rid of

Tscott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Bought this TJ a couple weeks ago and decided the first thing to go would be this step thing. I think this looks much better.

1566331832085629886998.jpg

I had the stock steps on mine and they came off shortly after I got my Jeep. :D I like it a lot better with out them. :D

Yes it looks much better, BUT you should look into adding some rock sliders in their place. That area is very prone to damage and now that it's exposed.

Yes it looks much better, BUT you should look into adding some rock sliders in their place. That area is very prone to damage and now that it's exposed.
You mean that area under where you get in and out is not supposed to be wrinkled and lacking paint? I thought you were just supposed to grind it against rocks and a little gritty soil to wear the rust off when it starts building up. Who knew?

Looks good!
I like the look stock rubicon diamond plate between the fenders, even though its protection is minimal. It helps save the paint a little at least.

A friend of mine just got a Toyota Tundra with fat side steps. First thing I said was he should take them off. First time we went on the trail he bent them good. I probably should have said take them off because they are low not because they look silly but part of me wonders if he'd be looking at $$$ of body repair if those things weren't there. I took my side steps off day one but I have sliders now.