The Fish people are mad at Jeep

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

Man made body of water, as stated in the disclaimer.

I find myself in agreement with the article. In fact, I said something similar when I saw the Cherokee commercial.

Just like anything regarding society.. its not the individual I worry about, but the idiotic masses.

Its the irresponsible dummies who see a commercial.. and reenact it; ruin trails, create un-needed ruts, litter, and overall deface nature.

They are giving the "Nanny-state" politicians ammunition to shut down trails and make more laws.
Ex.. California.

I wish Jeep put the words "Tread Lightly" on the commercial.

It's the environmentalists that end up getting our trails shut down, and Jeep promoting driving through rivers and up waterfalls does not help support our sport at all. Yes I know that they say it's manmade, but it's tiny writing on a big picture. All of our clubs here, ATV, Jeep ect all have a no waterways picture policy.

My take on all that shit is if you are fucking stupid enough to model your life, lifestyle, and decision making based on TV commercials, then you are too stupid to breathe and should just quit now. Every fucking vehicle commercial showing off the capabilities of the vehicle whether it is a motorcycle hauling ass over some g-outs, 50 Mercedes doing close quarter high speed driving across a dry lake bed, or a GT drifting around a race track all have similar disclaimers- Professional Driver on Closed Course. If you don't understand that and what that means, you're an idiot.

It's the environmentalists that end up getting our trails shut down, and Jeep promoting driving through rivers and up waterfalls does not help support our sport at all. Yes I know that they say it's manmade, but it's tiny writing on a big picture. All of our clubs here, ATV, Jeep ect all have a no waterways picture policy.
It's partially the environmentalists, it's partially the morons who are not responsible and do stupid shit. There are lots of instances where problems with different issues on trail systems were out of control, folks were asked to help mitigate with some self restraint and education and the tepid response finally pushed the environmentalists to the point of taking a much more harsh action. I don't agree with any denied access but we are our own worst enemy sometimes and we pay for it.

People are nuts. Anyone who saw that commercial and thought that it wasn't scripted, rehearsed a dozen times over, and heavily edited with video editing software is a moron.

We live in the day and age of whiners and cry babies. People will get offended over anything, seriously. I can tell stories you wouldn't believe.

Reactions: MikeO and Squatch
I think people look for reasons to get up set.....its all this "drama crap". I don't watch the news on TV anymore the main reason you don't know if its true or not and its all bad news and drama. When was the last time they reported something good and up lifting on the news??

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
I'm mad at Jeep too. They don't offer a stripped out Wrangler with all the off road goodies of a Rubicon Recon but with no fiddly amenities garbage.

The fish people need to get a grip and calm down. The number of people who are going to spend that kind of money on a rig and actually drive it in a trout stream is negligible. Unless salmon and trout are now spawning in mall parking lots, that is.

When was the last time they reported something good and up lifting on the news??

They don't, because good news doesn't sell. For this reason (and as you also mentioned), I do not watch any news whatsoever. I browse Google News from time-to-time, but I don't actually go out of my way to watch it. All it is these days is drama, people getting upset over stupid stuff, and "end of the world" b.s.

My take on all that shit is if you are fucking stupid enough to model your life, lifestyle, and decision making based on TV commercials, then you are too stupid to breathe and should just quit now. Every fucking vehicle commercial showing off the capabilities of the vehicle whether it is a motorcycle hauling ass over some g-outs, 50 Mercedes doing close quarter high speed driving across a dry lake bed, or a GT drifting around a race track all have similar disclaimers- Professional Driver on Closed Course. If you don't understand that and what that means, you're an idiot.
Ahhh, but then there are the commercials of a car (pick a brand...they all have 'em) driving about 30mph down a dirt road, or taking your standard long sweeping curve with no other vehicle in sight, and they, too, have the same disclaimer of "Professional Driver on Closed Course. Do Not Attempt". My favorite, though, is the same disclaimer to a guy driving...just driving...with his dog hanging his head out the passenger side window, tongue hanging out. Because, you know, that's a professional dog on a closed course. Point is, that disclaimer seems to be on every commercial now, which kind of waters down the message, if you ask me. But you didn't ask me, so there's that... ;)

Bingo Mr. Blaine! The liberals are idiots cuz they cannot see outside of their little "agenda". Their agenda is all that matters.
Their agenda is their God with a little 'g'
Because all they care about is their "agenda", common sense and logic will not apply. If ur not a part of their agenda u are or will be attacked. I'll stop there, rant over for now☺

Ahhh, but then there are the commercials of a car (pick a brand...they all have 'em) driving about 30mph down a dirt road, or taking your standard long sweeping curve with no other vehicle in sight, and they, too, have the same disclaimer of "Professional Driver on Closed Course. Do Not Attempt". My favorite, though, is the same disclaimer to a guy driving...just driving...with his dog hanging his head out the passenger side window, tongue hanging out. Because, you know, that's a professional dog on a closed course. Point is, that disclaimer seems to be on every commercial now, which kind of waters down the message, if you ask me. But you didn't ask me, so there's that... ;)
You can thank all the ambulance chasing lawyers for the disclaimers. The car companies are covering their ass .... because you know some idiot will try to sue them over something out of what they did in the commercial/ and or someone will try it. Even if it's simple they will hurt themselves.

Reactions: Squatch and Bird
I just think people are getting stupider and more stupider haha...That you have to 'tell' people not to drift around corners on normal streets or wreck nature in anyway shape or form etc....! Common sense is lost nowadays...

Last edited: