The Fish people are mad at Jeep

Very interesting, you would think the Jeep Jamboree would be aware of the issue. We do a couple a year like Gateway to Cumberland because of access to trails and scenery otherwise inaccessible to the public and always end up running up creeks. Hell, one of the trails is primarily a stream thru a holler strewn with boulders and waterfalls.

View attachment 31878
I'll have to ask about it next time.

Yeah a bit of mixed messaging. I took the back country up to Crown King AZ and the Forest Service had routed ~1\8 mile section up a stream due to road work. I gotta say it was real fun, fast flowing, 2 ft deep, and rocky.

Can we stay on topic? I come here to read about TJs and related topics. I don't come here to read about how people hate me and the people in my career just because they read a headline they didn't like.

As someone who works in "the big, bad media," a bunch of you guys are using an extremely broad brush to paint people who, for the most part, take great pride in their work and sacrifice much of their personal lives for their profession. There are bad apples in every profession, and we've got our share.

That said, though, there are an overwhelming number of exceptional people working in this profession. To watch them get knocked around just because you read a headline you don't agree with gets really, really, really old.

I come here to get away from that stupid, generalizing crap, not read more of it.

Last time I checked, which is now, this forum is for discussions about everything Jeep, aside from the Jeep Wrangler TJ.

Can we stay on topic? I come here to read about TJs and related topics. I don't come here to read about how people hate me and the people in my career just because they read a headline they didn't like.

As someone who works in "the big, bad media," a bunch of you guys are using an extremely broad brush to paint people who, for the most part, take great pride in their work and sacrifice much of their personal lives for their profession. There are bad apples in every profession, and we've got our share.

That said, though, there are an overwhelming number of exceptional people working in this profession. To watch them get knocked around just because you read a headline you don't agree with gets really, really, really old.

I come here to get away from that stupid, generalizing crap, not read more of it.
I don't understand where you are coming from on this. I just reread the thread and do not see anything overly antagonistic about the media or those in that profession. I am certain we all read things from different view points but the majority of the thread speaks to those who cannot read a disclaimer. I also think this thread is not overly disconnected from the Jeeping world, it is after all posted in the "General Jeep Discussion" sub-forum as this thread is generally about Jeeps and those who use them off-road.

QUOTE="Kiwi TJ, post: 136686, member: 902"]I just think people are getting stupider and more stupider haha...That you have to 'tell' people not to drift around corners on normal streets or wreck nature in anyway shape or form etc....! Common sense is lost nowadays...[/QUOTE]
B173C832-1629-4F3B-B287-2642049CA8AF.png

Reactions: KCsTJ
Well we are in a society that apparently needs warning for all things not to do. For example just how many stickers can they put on a ladder now days.
I just wonder though if fish man ever considered just how many fish are disturbed by his boat prop? Has he ever started up his boat over a spawning bed? Maybe we need big stickers on boats for that too.
Really I get tired of all the protecting me (or you) from hurting myself or other vertebrates, invertebrates, plant life, soil, or air.
And yes- I am well trained in "leaving no trace" and believe in it but come on. Companies have it worse than us as individuals too- it is easy to campaign them into silence.

Reactions: Squatch
Well we are in a society that apparently needs warning for all things not to do. For example just how many stickers can they put on a ladder now days.
I just wonder though if fish man ever considered just how many fish are disturbed by his boat prop? Has he ever started up his boat over a spawning bed? Maybe we need big stickers on boats for that too.
Really I get tired of all the protecting me (or you) from hurting myself or other vertebrates, invertebrates, plant life, soil, or air.
And yes- I am well trained in "leaving no trace" and believe in it but come on. Companies have it worse than us as individuals too- it is easy to campaign them into silence.
I don't know if we are a society that needs warnings but I'm pretty sure that companies are tired of being sued for stupid shit and losing. There is a lawsuit against Home Depot because a bunch of fucktards are too stupid to know how dimensional lumber is sized and are suing because a 2x4 doesn't measure 2" x 4". If they spent just 5 minutes on the internet they would learn that a 2x4 is actually specified as 2 X 4 S4S which means it started as a full size 2" x 4" and then was surfaced on all four sides to bring it down to a consistent 1.5" x 3.5". If they want 2" x 4" they need to specify rough sawn which is actual size and building with it sucks. What the hell are they going to do when they find out that 1/2" gas pipe is bigger than 1/2" OD?

Same people went after Menards for the same lumber deal- I think that is just some fake group that is really just a lawyer team trying for gold. I have seen that before in environmental lawsuits. Experienced one myself.

And just wait until they get into not only gas pipe but all the versions of PVC pipe that I deal with daily.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I saw where Dodge is recalling over 200,000 pickups, mostly 2500's and heavier because they can "COME OUT OF PARK". That sounded fairly serious so I read the article. The reason for the recall is a link that insures the brake pedal is depressed before the truck can be taken out of park can heat up and melt resulting in the truck being started without the brake pedal depressed, or in some cases the truck could be started while not in park. So the teaser "come out of park" was really not true.
Really, I think the Russians are behind it all.

B