The Fish people are mad at Jeep

My take on all that shit is if you are fucking stupid enough to model your life, lifestyle, and decision making based on TV commercials, then you are too stupid to breathe and should just quit now. Every fucking vehicle commercial showing off the capabilities of the vehicle whether it is a motorcycle hauling ass over some g-outs, 50 Mercedes doing close quarter high speed driving across a dry lake bed, or a GT drifting around a race track all have similar disclaimers- Professional Driver on Closed Course. If you don't understand that and what that means, you're an idiot.
Thank you

Reactions: StG58
You can thank all the ambulance chasing lawyers for the disclaimers. The car companies are covering their ass .... because you know some idiot will try to sue them over something out of what they did in the commercial/ and or someone will try it. Even if it's simple they will hurt themselves.
Please don't think that I'm disagreeing with what Blaine is saying , because I'm not. I was actually attempting to further point out how ludicrous the entire situation is. There should never be a "need" to put such a disclaimer in the ads, but sadly, there is. That need exists because we're surrounded by "Darwin Award" nominees...and they're breeding.

Please don't think that I'm disagreeing with what Blaine is saying , because I'm not. I was actually attempting to further point out how ludicrous the entire situation is. There should never be a "need" to put such a disclaimer in the ads, but sadly, there is. That need exists because we're surrounded by "Darwin Award" nominees...and they're breeding.
Kind of like an allergy disclaimer on a jar of peanut butter that says, "contains peanuts."

I just think people are getting stupider and more stupider haha...That you have to 'tell' people not to drift around corners on normal streets or wreck nature in anyway shape or form etc....reminds me of that lady who sued McDonalds for not telling her that the coffee was hot !!! Common sense is lost nowadays...
You hit the nail on the head!!! I agree 100%. I tell my wife that all the time......we are loosing common sense, there is getting to be less and less of it all the time.

It's partially the environmentalists, it's partially the morons who are not responsible and do stupid shit. There are lots of instances where problems with different issues on trail systems were out of control, folks were asked to help mitigate with some self restraint and education and the tepid response finally pushed the environmentalists to the point of taking a much more harsh action. I don't agree with any denied access but we are our own worst enemy sometimes and we pay for it.
I worry about my RMS leak. It will definitely pollute the entire river :(

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
I didn't think that at all Squatch.....I'm just agreeing and adding my 2 cents.

Reactions: Squatch
So, is this no driving upstream thing common knowledge or only a regional thing? Just curious, I've never heard of this as an environmental issue, but we don't have trout or salmon or whatever here. Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee it happens all the time.

Reactions: Starrs
So, is this no driving upstream thing common knowledge or only a regional thing? Just curious, I've never heard of this as an environmental issue, but we don't have trout or salmon or whatever here. Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee it happens all the time.
I've known of it for at least twenty years, but been stuck in Washington state all that time. I kind of assumed some "Friends of Fish" organization had made that a national issue. Hmmm...guess not!

I just think people are getting stupider and more stupider haha...That you have to 'tell' people not to drift around corners on normal streets or wreck nature in anyway shape or form etc....reminds me of that lady who sued McDonalds for not telling her that the coffee was hot !!! Common sense is lost nowadays...
I can't believe how unfortunate it is that the hot coffee incident is the one that gets used as the example for the lack of common sense when it is anything but. The whole story is that McDonalds had been written up several times for keeping their warming burners set too high. They had a documented history of ignoring common sense rules. When the coffee spilled into her lap, it did enough damage that she ultimately had to have plastic reconstructive surgery to her nether region. There is no one among us with a lady we like that would wish such a punishment upon them and point a finger of fault for lacking common sense when that particular McDonalds was exactly responsible for such an egregious act of disregard and fortunately it cost them. But, that's what happens when we get our news and information from the headlines instead of the whole story.

It's a common thing for those of us involved in and that care about Land Use issues. Destruction of riparian habitat and messing with fish spawning grounds is a big no no. They used it against us in the fight to re-open Surprise Canyon and IIRC, they used the silt problem to shut down Tellico. They used it to get the Gate Keeper on the Rubicon blasted to a more passable level. Folks flailing about that couldn't drive and then driving around the GK were causing water damage to the neighboring private property so it was either mitigate the problem or lose the trail. The fixed the problem.

I can't believe how unfortunate it is that the hot coffee incident is the one that gets used as the example for the lack of common sense when it is anything but. The whole story is that McDonalds had been written up several times for keeping their warming burners set too high. They had a documented history of ignoring common sense rules. When the coffee spilled into her lap, it did enough damage that she ultimately had to have plastic reconstructive surgery to her nether region. There is no one among us with a lady we like that would wish such a punishment upon them and point a finger of fault for lacking common sense when that particular McDonalds was exactly responsible for such an egregious act of disregard and fortunately it cost them. But, that's what happens when we get our news and information from the headlines instead of the whole story.
I saw a documentary on this story. It's true, the media had a heyday with it, and she ended up being portrayed as a total idiot. But as you pointed out, there was more to it than most would ever know...

Worse than breeding, some of them actually vote.

OK ok ...my bad I've never heard the 'real' story before. I agree nobody would wish that on anyone......I will go and write out 500 lines of 'I will find out the full facts before posting' :p

Reactions: Squatch
OK ok ...my bad I've never heard the 'real' story before. I agree nobody would wish that on anyone......I will go and write out 500 lines of 'I will find out the full facts before posting' :p
I'd rather you spent the same amount of time in contemplation about how if they managed to fuck that story up as bad as they did back then, what else are they not telling you and me about? Not in a tin foil kinda way but in an accurate representation of the facts so we can make up our own minds about the merits of something?

It's a common thing for those of us involved in and that care about Land Use issues. Destruction of riparian habitat and messing with fish spawning grounds is a big no no. They used it against us in the fight to re-open Surprise Canyon and IIRC, they used the silt problem to shut down Tellico. They used it to get the Gate Keeper on the Rubicon blasted to a more passable level. Folks flailing about that couldn't drive and then driving around the GK were causing water damage to the neighboring private property so it was either mitigate the problem or lose the trail. The fixed the problem.

Very interesting, you would think the Jeep Jamboree would be aware of the issue. We do a couple a year like Gateway to Cumberland because of access to trails and scenery otherwise inaccessible to the public and always end up running up creeks. Hell, one of the trails is primarily a stream thru a holler strewn with boulders and waterfalls.

20171020_143434.jpg

I'll have to ask about it next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ and Starrs
I'd rather you spent the same amount of time in contemplation about how if they managed to fuck that story up as bad as they did back then, what else are they not telling you and me about? Not in a tin foil kinda way but in an accurate representation of the facts so we can make up our own minds about the merits of something?
I hear ya.....maybe its all about the Benjamin's and the media doing what ever they can do to grab our attention....funny how they don't seem to be that accountable for anything they publish. (But I think we are getting off topic slightly)